VI

Duke Illustre had been coming around since he was born. He knew there was something wrong with that eggplant bastard, but the problem in this story stems from his very existence.

"I am not that Kind of Talent" is a novel he planned to read after the birth of a hero but never did because he transmigrated as Cale Henituse. This world has already been destroyed three times, and the former Crown Prince was able to document it using dark magic.

It is no surprise that the world of records was unable to access the world's records.

It is already beyond saving.

There are many pieces in the game of chess.

"Hah," he huffs, carefully treading a plan to spare his lovely and pure siblings from the hands of that Duke Eggplant.

.

.

Deon found himself in the company of his younger brother. He loves every bit of it. He was planning on not coming to this kid anymore but he came to him and even spent his day with him without second thoughts.

I was sure he'd feel the same way as everyone else does.

But this kid breaks down the wall he created for his heart.

Can I... hold onto him?

That was his primary question when this child, who could've spent a normal day with their family, came into his room for breakfast. He was so sure that he would be abandoned.

It's not too late for me, isn't it?

"Deon." Cruel came into his room once again. Deon looked up, while Treine also looked at Cruel. Cruel seemed to have something to say, but pursed his lips and came in, "Let's play chess."

Chess?

Deon noticed Treine frowning, which soon turned into a huge scowl. They were just enjoying an afternoon with a book, reading endlessly, when Cruel came in.

"Alright," he replied. They set the chessboard with the toddler watching. They thought he couldn't understand their game but that's when Treine had some thoughts of how to ruin someone else's life.

"Oh! I've gotta play with Uncle Goldie!" he says, running away. Deon and Cruel could not help but laugh as they watched the excited toddler attempt to defeat the Crown Prince with a game of chess. Sure, the Crown Prince is just amusing a toddler, but he has no mercy on a five-year-old.

"So cute."

"Right."

The two older siblings stopped laughing and looked at each other. There was a huge silence between them as they stared at each other.

"Hah. You gotta keep the toddle—" Deon was about to say something rude when Cruel looked a bit serious.

"Deon."

Deon was silent.

"I'm sorry." Cruel said in a low voice.

"For what?" He sternly said. He can't help but give up on all hopes that he could talk to his family man to man. He even waited for Treine to leave before saying this kind of things.

Is he mocking me?

He had grown accustomed to them rejecting him and being uninterested in him. He inquired again, "I am living like a dead rat right now, so why the apologies?"

For five years, he had been living without doing anything. He was constantly in the dark, but Cruel's apologies caused him to crumble—so hesitant that his heart could not stop hoping.