VIII

"Bet, Eggplant Duke, you are over the edge." Treine smiled as he poked the Black King on the board. He can not help but remember the duke's pale and ghastly expression when he left in a hurry after shutting him down.

When Dion told him that the duke had been planting spies here to fuel the rumors, and how he had informed the count about those rumors, it was clear what he was trying to accomplish.

He wants the Hardt family to fall apart.

The count and countess would believe his words and treat Deon indifferently in the hopes that he would grow stronger. Cruel believed his parents' words and later concluded that Deon should simply live his life and be safe.

But that was the exact reason for their demise.

There is no cure or potion for an ailing heart. There are only two options: resignation or vengeance.

I have been there before, so I understand both resignation and vengeance.

However, rather than seeking vengeance, Kim Roksu chose resignation. Because there is no point in destroying lives that are bound to be destroyed.

That is why I ran away.

"Let us see how he makes his move."

The duke would not be suspicious of a blabbermouthed toddler. At the very least, that is preferable to murdering myself for fuck sake.

To regain his trust, he will almost certainly make a move in the Senate and begin cornering the count.

"I should place a good bastard in there but who?"

None of the people around him

He stood up and decided to go for a walk.

If I want to change the entirety of the story, I must make contact with the demon king.

But being a child is the limitation that hinders his movements.

Ah! You Bastard of Death!!! You should've made me older! What's with you kink with younger brother tropes!? Damn you! Fuck you! Fuck you! I hope you burn you bastard!

Anyway, forget that dastard of death. I should take a breather.

"Hmm. Didi and Elle are busy; what should I do?" Treine pondered. Deon and Cruel had been taking classes together as the county's heirs. The Emperor was discussing official business with the Count, while the Countess was out attending a tea party with other noble ladies.

He delegated the task of keeping Duke Illustre under surveillance. He had nothing to do because he was not yet allowed to go outside. He wants to find Ron and Vicross to build a more efficient information network, but he does not trust anyone at Hardt Manor right now.

The majority of them are Duke Illustre's people.

He was so lost in thoughts that he didn't notice when he stumbled across someone and fell face-front.

He groaned and knew he didn't feel any pain at all.

"What the—"

He looked up. The blonde also looked at him, frowning. Oh. He's handsome, just a bit intense.

"Sowwy." Act like a kid, Kim Roksu!

"Black hair. You're the count's youngest."

Treine sat down obediently. He was not aware he was sitting directly on top of the royalty. He was simply staring at his golden eyes, which were stunning.