IX

Jisei here. i'm just here to upload

----

"It is a miracle you liked someone other than your nephew and niece." Alver laughs at Edaurdo, who appears concerned about the sleeping toddler in his arms. He knew Roksu could sleep whenever there were some nice tiddies around, but he did not expect him to like his good little brother so much.

I didn't make any mistakes.

Eduardo seemed like a nice boy ever since he awoke.

"You have got quite a friend."

"Aren't you his friend too, Brother?"

"Hmm. Who can say no to an adorable toddler?" he mused as he sat beside Eduardo. His younger brother leaned on his shoulder and closed his eyes.

"Sooner or later, he will become like those nobles," Eduardo said.

"I bet he won't." Alver challenges. He knew Roksu to the core of his being. From his delusions of a slacker lifestyle to his love of money, the fairness of being a scumbag, and simply being trash. He knew everything about Cale. He has reincarnated in multiple worlds and has seen every Roksu in each of them.

Cale's kindness is the only thing that has never changed.

He will always be kind and fair. He is always willing to help. He always does things that no one else does.

"How can you be so sure?" Eduardo questioned.

"I have a good feeling." he mused, "You too. You will not change unless something happens. My baby brother is the type of person who values himself and his people."

Yeah. Just like how Roksu fights. His Eddie is similar to how Roksu fights. He will take advantage of people, but he will pick up his sword and fight when everything is in shambles and there is no hope left.

"You are the type of person who would never use their sword unless forced to."

Not to cause chaos. Not for destruction.

It was to protect.

"Hey, Eddie. What kind of kingdom do you want to live in?" he inquired.

Eduardo was silent. He slowly raised his head, taking in his brother's shining gaze as he awaited his response.

"I do not know," he honestly replied. "The others want to build a great empire... but what about you, Hyung-nim?"

Alver's main goal is survival.

"I want a kingdom that can stand on its own."

He reminisced about his time as Crown Prince of the Rowoon Kingdom. Seeing this world and the kingdom he was currently in, he knew he needed to leave. He had to make a choice. It's the same choice he made before—he will make sure to make it a reality again.

"I want a kingdom that can ensure its people's peace and happiness."

Eduardo's eyes glistened as he saw Alver's large, bright smile. He believed that this man would be able to do whatever he wanted. He never denied it: This man beside him can accomplish more than their other siblings' empty dreams.

"Hm. I like the sound of that."

"That is why...I need you there to be my limbs and support for that end where you and I can live peacefully." Alver smiled. He never imagined he would share his ambitions with his family at all. He was always alone, just alone, doing everything to survive.

A kingdom filled with smiles and happiness. Eduardo, who had no desire for the throne, had a sudden vision of a kingdom capable of standing on its own and becoming a superpower. He can imagine a man who ascended to heights unrivaled by any previous monarch. I like it. It'll be a lovely kingdom for sure.