02

Joey.

People name people and things for them to have their own identity and trademark. Names are just names but when a name becomes a meaning, you'll soon start to realize and appreciate the uniqueness of your title.

Joey. Her name is Joey and days have already passed and summer has already started but why does my mind keep on blooming the word Joey repeatedly.

Nothing is special about that name, but whenever I think of it, her face always shows up and the scene in the parking lot is on repeat.

It's like a broken cassette recorder playing endlessly. It doesn't get out of my brain.

God damn sake! I ruffled my hair out of frustration because I keep seeing her face whenever I hear Joey. I was watching a reality show on the tv in my room when a celebrity came up with the same name as her.

What a coincidence. Is fate teasing me now also? I turned off the tv using the remote control and laid myself down in my bed.

I covered my eyes using my arms as she started to cloud the only sanity on my mind.

What had I gotten myself into, why does she keep popping on my head.

Why does her pitch black eyes look so good under the lights of the sun?

Why is her long straight black hair good at dancing together with the hot summer breeze?

Her simple plain shirt and faded jeans look so good at her, they compliment the simplicity of the beauty of her face.

There's no fancy things attached to her but the presence of her is as bright as the summer sky.

I punched myself for thinking of her again! Fuck! Even her physical features are like tattoos encrypted on my mind!

There's no solution to this than to release everything, especially these crazy feelings I have on me and my body.

I took a shower and decided to go out with some of my friends. Maybe if I go out and find other things to think of, maybe she'll be erased from my system.

Kissing and making out is one of the things teenage boys like to explore and experience but I can say that it is one of the stupidest things I did back then.

When you're young, you do things you are always curious about, not minding the consequences of your actions.

Ila is straddling me and she is kissing my neck. She's one of my friends and she said she likes me and we hit it off. It's still afternoon but when you're in a big city, having fun has no time schedule. Ila is a beautiful girl, she definitely has those lines to die for.

We were getting it down when I heard my phone ringing on the compartment of my car.

As Ila did the thing, I extended my hand and reached the handle in my compartment box to push the button. When I successfully did, I rapidly took off my cell phone and saw Mara's name on the caller ID.

I swiped the accept toggle and placed it on my right ear.

"Hello?" I said panting.

"Hello, Mara. Why are you calling?"

The voice on the other cleared her throat.

"Hello, Sir."

Eighteen years of existence in this world and being exposed to different kinds of emergency calls and this is the first time where I almost dropped my mobile phone when I heard her on the other line.

Panic became my adrenaline rush that I lost all the energy that I'm feeling right now. I saw Ila finishing it off, but I pushed her to stop on what she was doing. My panic is more important than my need as of this moment!