09

This day in summer felt a little harsher than those previous ones. It was midnight and I still see the moon shining so bright with thousands of stars, but why do I feel sad and lonely. My room is big and comfortable, but my peace is somewhere else.

Joey, are we looking at the same sky right now? There's no clouds but I can feel their weight on my shoulder. I wish the murmur of my heart would be brought to you by the breeze passing through my window.

I slowly close my eyes and I still remember everything from the bloom of the flower until the thorns pricked my hand because I touched and aimed for you.

This may be a joke but here I am writing these letters, hoping there you'll be able to read them. If ever they'll reach you, I hope you'll know that it was never my decision to love you but I did.

And slowly, my tears are silently cascading while the light of the moon is scattered on my body because I can't help but accept that it was all the fate and timing that has brought and separated us.

I wanted a blame. To redirect this screaming sadness and hurt inside my chest. I wanted to ask over and over again. Why can't it be?

It was a short visit, but I stayed hoping it could happen again. And I begged the universe to please change the future and heal all the wounds we've caused to each other.

Can you hear me?

Joey, I cannot accept it until this day.

Let me see you again one more time.

•••