Epilogue

Marek was so giddy. He should probably be a bit disturbed by the fact that he was looking forward to someone's demise so much, but Morrey was a bastard. Beyond that even. He deserved to get tortured to death for what he'd done to everyone, especially Varen.

Marek would avenge his baby tonight. It was a good thing he was here alone, though. Nerry would definitely try to stop him from killing Morrey. But it had to be done. Morrey didn't deserve to be kept alive.

Marek strolled through the hole he'd melted into the prison wall. He didn't need to be subtle or unnoticed. In fact, he wanted to tag the place with their new logo. He had a can of spray paint with him just for that purpose. Even a card with the logo and a little note.

He was going to make their entrance into the public consciousness as memorable as possible. And what was more memorable than killing someone as famous as the disgraced ex leader of SOPISOC.

It didn't take Marek long to find his cell. Varen had done all the research for him, where to enter, when to enter, where to go. His baby boy was so good at planning.

Marek walked up to the bars of Morrey's cell, starting the man from his brooding on the bed. Morrey got up, scowling. It brought Marek intense joy to see the metal bracelet on Morrey's wrist. No choking him to death today.

"You!" Morrey hissed at him. "Have you come mock me?"

Marek grinned. He wished he could gloat, but the longer he stayed here, the more likely it was guards would find. He raised his hand. "This is for what you did to your son, you bastard. To his mom. You don't deserve to live. I hope you have fun in hell."

And with that he moved his fingers, setting Morrey on fire. Morrey started screaming as he fell to the floor and started thrashing, but soon his protests ended, his body going limp as the flames consumed him. The pain must have been unimaginable.

Good.

Marek burned Morrey's body to ash, scowling the entire time. Finally, justice. But no doubt the screaming must have alerted guards. He had to rush.

Marek quickly grabbed the spray can and moved to a nearby wall, tagging it with their group's logo—a superhero mask snapped in half.

And on top of the ashes that used to be Morrey, he threw the card with their new name—Herobreakers, on account of them dismantling the old SOPISOC regime.

Marek took one last satisfied look before escaping the scene, his heart content for once. They could finally move on from this.

Justice was done, Var was forever safe from his bastard father, and the Herobreakers would be the talk of the town soon enough.

Marek couldn't contain his giddiness, grinning to himself. They'd just do whatever they wanted now. No longer getting forced into things they weren't comfortable with, or following orders that didn't make sense.

And he would get to experience it with the people he loved most.

The future was good. And being a supervillain on their own terms would be so much fun.