believe.

fantasia's pov/two weeks later:

my parents are finally back home, so i thought id pay them a visit since they've been blowing me up nonstop.

"mommy, daddy!"

"babygirl! oh, we missed you so much!" they pulled me into a hug.

"i missed y'all more. did yall enjoy the vacay?"

"oh indeed, especially the part where yo daddy had me calling him daddy."

"mommy ew come on..."

"no, but overall, we enjoyed ourselves. it was very much needed. now, its strictly back to working. "

"im glad you mentioned that. would you two be ok with me working now?"

"we discussed this. we dont want you out working. we have everything you need"

"i know, but i want my own things. i wanna work for the things i want and need. "

"you're only nineteen. why are you in a rush to grow up?"

"mommy, im not rushing to grow up. all i want to do is work and make my own money. everything doesn't always have to be handed to me. "

"babe, what do you think?"

"i mean, she's not gonna be a teen forever, so why not? if she wants to work and make her own cash, we have to respect her grind. but you know that we're always here if you need anything no matter what it is. "

"i know, so?"

"so....you can work. we'll even help you look"

"Monique, make sure it's somewhere in a safe environment, please,"

"mommy work is work no matter the environment."

"yeah, but not all environments are safe is all im saying."

"ill be fine."

"okay then lets eat. we'll start looking tomorrow. "

"ok."

im so happy they finally agreed to let me do this. i had to text jen.

: guess what!!!!

bestie🤍: what?!

: my parents, they're letting me work. AHHHH!

bestie🤍: finally!! now we all have jobs. let's get this money, honey! well, you basically rich, but you get what im saying

: so excited. finally, i get to do something on my own.

bestie🤍: i love that for you, bestie baby!!

: i love you more, and thank you for always supporting me

bestie🤍: i got you just like you got me. i love you for the restie, bestie🖇️💕

you loved  "i got you just like you got me. i love you for the restie bestie🖇️💕"

: so, what we doing tonight?

bestie🤍: party at my mom's house. she's somewhere in Houston getting drunk, so she wouldn't know anyway.

: dont do mama now. but, we have to go shopping i dont have anything cute to wear.

bestie🤍: you have a walk-in closet at your parents' house and an apartment full of unworn clothes. Fantasia, don't start that lying

: well i dont know what to wear, lets just say that

bestie🤍: girl you better find something. be here at nine!

i put my car in reverse and backed out.