Random Oneshot

Lately I've been writing lots of oneshots, thought I might as well post one.

...........................................................

Gray's POV

It was late when she started to unwrap her presents, discovering them with a childlike gleeful smile. She only got to the second gift (first was a book from Levy), which was a movie lacrima, a present from Gildarts (he always got his hands on rare items as such) and Juvia wanted to use it right away, right there on the floor, suggesting that everyone would watch "Tangled" with her. Lucy, Levy and the other girls had overwhelmingly agreed, although they all had seen the movie. But since it was Juvia's birthday, we didn't try to change her mind. I sat against a wall - you know there weren't many chairs left. She put the movie on and clinged to my arm, making sure I wouldn't escape the movie. Lucy and Levy thought this funny and clinged the same way to Natsu and Gajeel. The boys tried to shove them away embarrassed, but it was no use. After all, it's a known fact that one cannot defy a drunken Fairy Tail girl. They are superior.

And so we watched the movie. Juvia had wept on the scenes where there was nothing to weep about, aka. all the happy times, Lucy and Levy were squealing every once in a while for no reason at all and me, Natsu, Gajeel, Elfman and some others were watching the movie totally uninterested. Most of the guild had gone home and it was quiet around. After some time Erza and Mira had gone upstairs and had started to clean the party up as we watched the movie. About half way in, the girls dozed off. Juvia beside me, on my shoulder, my hand around her waist to stop her from falling. Natsu sat in front of me against the only unbroken and unflipped table's leg, I think the table is screwed to the floor, it's weird that it has stayed in place. Lucy's body was curled around Natsu, head in his lap, his fingers brushing her hair in an endless motion as his gaze was still linked with the lacrima. And he's telling me, they are just friends! I mean look at him now, unconsciously caressing Lucy in her sleep. Levy was fast asleep in Gajeels arms as he too fell asleep during the movie. So they were openly cuddling with each other. Honestly, them too! They think that they are hiding their relationship, bruh, look at them.

"Oy, Natsu!"I said with a smirk.

"Mhh?" he answered, not lifting his gaze from the lacrima.

"Wanna scribble something on Gajeel's face? He's totally knocked out," I suggested an idea for a joke. Natsu grinned devilishly at me, but then looked at Lucy peacefully sleeping on his lap and his grin faded to a light smile.

"Naah, I'm good," he finally answered, "and why don't Mr. Lazypants do it himself, huh?" he shot back, turning into his usual little bitch again. Because I don't wanna wake Juvia - I thought to myself.

"Because your fat ass still hasn't gathered the 10 000 steps today and is now getting even fatter, you fatass," I stated ignoring the other reason.

"What did you say, sourpuss?" he whisper-yelled back, his one hand stopping on Lucy's head and the other raising with a flameball around it.

"Guys, cut it out! Real men let others sleep at 4.AM. IN THE MORNING!" Elfman whisper-yelled back before saying, "but I will be a man and make your wish come true by drawing on Gajeels face myself." He very eagerly offered his "gentlemanlike '' help to scribble flowers and stars and mean words me and Natsu were suggesting on Gajeels face. Finishing with a fundamental "I LOVE LEVY!" exclamation on his forehead. He then did the same with other guild members until he stopped before a sleeping Lisanna and said, "I think I'll be going home now, Liz will wake up in a few hours and feel quite sick from last night, so it's better if she wakes up at home."

So it was down to Natsu and I, everyone else had disappeared from the watching of the movie. We too had become exhausted, the alcohol long gone from our bodies leaving only dehydration behind. But I'm not gonna lie, I got quite engaged with the movie. What's worse is that it's a sad movie! When Rapunzel saw Flynn or Eugene, if you may, sail away with the crown, I got so angry that I felt like punching the "mother". Natsu the Idiot was fuming too, struggling to keep his flames in control. Hah, wizard or a wuss. To be watching this intently that he is losing control over himself.

But I have to admit, to my deepest displeasure, that when the final scene in the tower struck, I was completely losing it myself. From the moment that Eugene had been knifed and I heard a heartbroken "No!" from Natsu, I felt a lump growing in my throat. I clenched my jaw and pulled Juvia closer to me, my heart dropping a thousand times when Eugene cut Rapunzels hair off. Natsu cramped a handful of Lucy's hair, stopping his caressing instantly.

This couldn't be it. I couldn't believe that Eugene would actually die. They say that fairy tales can have sad endings, but this is a bit extreme. Very extreme.

By that time I was crying openly, trying not to make a sound or look towards Natsu as he would see me crying and would call me a puss for the rest of my life. But when trying to dry my tears with my hand, I accidentally made eye contact with the flamehead and to my greatest relief he was also bawling his eyes out. We looked at each other for a moment, saying nothing and then went back to watching the movie. Honestly, the worst seconds of my life were these, waiting for the end titles to start rolling when Rapunzel was crouching over Eugene, crying from the shock. Likewise us.

Then we cried even more when it came out that bastard Eugine was alive whatsoever. Slowly, I felt the want to live start flowing in my veins again (cause it was gone for a moment) when watching them kiss the trauma away. Now crying from happiness we watched Rapunzel seeing her parents after all this time. The amount of joy bulbing through me made me burst out of laughter uncontrollably. Natsu grinned widely and did the same. And so the end titles rolled as we laughed wildly at the sudden light feeling in our chests.

Lucy stirred from Natsu's roar of laughter and asked sleepily, "Natsu, what is it?"

Our laughter was dying down. "Nothing, Luce," he answered with the affectionate name he only used on rare occasions, "let's go home." Smiling ever so softly at her.

"Well, I'm certainly not moving from here," she replied and fluttered her eyes closed after cozying back up to Natsu.

I tried to wake our guildmate who had already been 21 for more than 12 hours. To my light shaking she only mumbled "Gray-samaa," in her sleep and didn't wake. Only clung tighter around my neck. I sighed and scooped the rest of her body up so I could carry her home. I bet she'd rather wake up in a bed than here on the messed up guilds cold floor.

Natsu must have had the same thought, cause he also carried Lucy bridal-style out of the guild. The sun had already risen when we walked down the street with the girls in our arms. A peaceful morning for a change. Rose-gold sunbeams hitting the river's surface gently, no sound in the city whatsoever. And warm hands around my neck.

We walked in the same direction for a while in silence. He was going to Lucys and I was going home. When I turned to the bystreet that would've led me there, Natsu called, "Gray."

I looked back at him. "What?"

"If you ever tell anybody that you saw me tonight...." he started to threaten.

"I won't tell, that I saw you tearing up like a wimp if you won't," I suggested.

"Aye," he replied happily, turning away "got it.". We never talked about that ever again.

I carried Juvia home and placed her under my blankets after removing her jacket and her shoes. That's all. Nothing else was removed, I'm not a perv, you know. Anyways, I brushed my teeth and climbed beside her wrapping my hands tightly around her and letting her tangle herself with me. I placed her hand in my hair and slided my hand under her shirt to her back to feel even more closer to her. She mewled something unconsciously and I blushed slightly at her cuteness. I'd like the moment to last forever.

I sigh, satisfied with the way the night had turned out. Every once in a while I let myself do this to her. It's so easy, tomorrow I'll just convince her that she herself begged me to let her in. And if she doesn't recall it I say that's because she was so drunk last night that she even forgot that she drank at all, not to mention drinking to excess.

Little did I know that by the next morning I had managed to somehow strip from all my clothes, leaving me buttnaked, deeply tangled with Juvia.