Chapter Fourteen

In the evening,
"Na naa na, na naa na, na naa na, na naa na." Alisha sung as she sent the food to the dining table.

"Wow, seems someone is in a good mood. Care to share?" Ashlyn asked while doing her assignments.

"You know the meeting with the investor I told you about?"

"Mm-hm!"

"And you remember I told you that my boss said I'd present?"

"Yes?"

"Everything went great. Thanks to my hard work, StyleSavvy Atelier got the investor!" Alisha announced.

"Woah!" Ashlyn got up and went to Alisha. "Congrats, Mama!" Ashlyn enveloped Alisha in a hug.

"Thanks, sweetheart."

"Can I join?" Alyssa asked with a smile, descending the stairs.

"Of course." Alyssa came to join in the hug.

"Can I know why we're hugging?" Alyssa asked, totally confused.

"Mama's company got a new investor." Ashlyn said.

~
April sat in the sofa with her legs in it and her phone in her hand.

"April, dinner's ready." Brie announced as she went to the kitchen.

April put her phone down and went to the kitchen. She sighed and held Brie's hand. "Can we talk?"

Brie looked at her daughter, a glint of surprise in her eyes. "I'm all ears baby."

"I want to apologise," April said, guilt in her eyes. Brie's eyes widened in surprise because for the first time since 14 years, April had said sorry. "For everything I did. For everything I said. I told you I hated you, please forgive me."

Tears welled up in Brie's eyes. She cupped April's cheek in her hand. "My daughter has made me so happy today. I've forgiven you, dear. I know you said all that out of anger. No need to apologise."

April enveloped Brie in a hug. "I love you, Mom!"

Brie allowed the tears to flow, out of happiness. "I love you too, April."

"Let's go eat! The food might get cold." April said as she pulled out of the hug.

~
San Francisco,
"Daddy, there's a party at school this Friday. Can I go?" Adelle asked cooking dinner.

"Party?... Mm! Okay. You can go." Aiden smiled.

"Really?" Adelle left the kitchen and hugged Aiden happily.

"It's okay! The food might get burnt!" Aiden said patting Adelle's hand.

"Oh yeah." Adelle pulled out of the hug and went back to the kitchen.

Just then, the doorbell rang. Aiden and Adelle exchanged curious glances. Aiden got up and went to the door. To his surprise, it was Brandon and Wilma.

"Surprise!" Wilma smiled with her brows raised.

"Wilma! Brandon!" Aiden gestured them to enter and they did.

~
Beverly Hills,
Denise was still in her office, making the designs for the runway. The runway was in a month's time and all her designs weren't even eye-catching. She scattered the designs all around angrily and got up with her hands on her waist.

"What do I do? What do I do?" Denise rubbed her temple. "Oh gosh!"

Then, she got an idea. She took her phone and dialed Alisha's number. It went through but she didn't pick. Then she tried again.