Chapter Eighteen

"Thanks, Daddy! I didn't know evening shopping could be that good!" Adelle said as she dropped the shopping bags in the trunk of the car.

"I also had fun. Glad to have such a feeling again after... after years." Aiden smiled.

"Daddy, tell me the truth. You still love her, don't you?" Adelle asked as she leaned on the car.

Aiden thought for a minute. "Why do you ask?"

"It's evident on your face and has been evident since we moved here." Adelle said.

Aiden leaned on the car too, facing Adelle. "So you've been studying your father for time now, huh?"

"Of course! And now, I know you better than before. I knew you loved Mom and that's why you disagreed to marry Orville even when I agreed to it."

"Wow! I'm impressed. My daughter knows me well!" Aiden sighed. "You know, I still... think about your mom and sister."

"No! You love Mom and Ashlyn, especially Mom!"

"Okay! I love them. You caught me. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of them. I wish one day, we'll meet, coincidentally and I'll get the chance to see her beautiful face again, hold her and talk to her."

Adelle smiled. "You know, in the future, if I don't get a man who loves me like how you love Mom, it's goodbye for marriage."

"Hey, where from that?" Adelle and Aiden burst into smiles.

"Aiden!" Adelle and Aiden looked stunned, their eyes widened. They knew that voice but they just had to confirm it if she's the one.

"Adelle, you take a look and tell me if it's her!" Aiden said.

"No, Daddy. You take the look."

"Okay! Okay. We'll look together. Three, two, one..." Aiden and Adelle craned their necks to see Orville, the woman they talked of just now.

" Aiden and Adelle craned their necks to see Orville, the woman they talked of just now

Orville was American-French lady. Her mom was French and her dad was American but she grew up in America and has never been to France before. She was in her late 30s around 37. She had wanted to marry Aiden but he never agreed to her.

"Aiden!" Orville rushed to hug Aiden. "Oh baby boo, I missed you so much."

"I... missed... you... too." Aiden patted her back.

"Adelle? Is that you?" Orville pulled out of the hug and turned to Adelle.

"It's me!" Adelle smiled wide. "The one and only Adelle."

"Come here, darling!" Orville enveloped Adelle in a tight hug.

~
"What are you two doing at a mall at this time?" Orville asked, as she sipped her wine.

"We came to shop for new clothes. Wilma is getting married so we needed to come get you know...new clothes." Adelle said.

"Oh, I see. Wait! ... Did you say Wilma is getting married?" Orville asked.