7: England v Netherlands

Today is our second last match of the Nations League against the Netherlands. I watched the previous and we lost to Netherlands in September so we hope to beat them today. I wake up to Leah stepping out the bathroom dressed. 

"I'll wait for you to go down to breakfast." said Leah. I nod and go get ready. I step out and Leah smiles. "Let's go" said Leah. We go downstairs and I run to Fran. "Hey Franny! You look tired" I said. "Yeah, I was awake for a bit. I was nervous and Maren called me cause she was nervous too" said Fran. "Have a nap, Fran" I said. "I will" I said. 

I sit with the Chelsea girls and we enjoy our food. Once we finish, Sarina smiles. "We're leaving in 2 hours. So, do what you have too, a nap, a movie or tactics. I will text you when we're leaving" said Sarina. We nod and I go to my room. I pack my toiletry bag. Leah walks in and she smiles. "Your ready" said Leah. "Yeah, I like to be ready early so I'm not rushing" I said, smiling. Leah nods and smiles. 

Liked by Erincuthert_, LJ10, Leahwilliamson, bethmead and 90K others

Eleanor_Nova: England v Netherlands tonight! Who's ready? Also this was me before I joined up with the squad. :) 

Erincuthbert_ stunner x good luck tonight

Leahwilliamson: :) 

LeahwilliamsonFAN: Leah commenting :)

Eventually it's time to leave and we get on the bus. I sit beside Fran and we play a game of cards. Once we arrive at Wembley, we walk inside and head to the pitch to check. I walk around and smile. I can't wait to play here! Sarina puts the line up on the wall. 

Starting 11:

Mary Earps

Lucy Bronze

Leah Williamson

Millie Bright 

Niamh Charles

Georgia Stanway

Kiera Walsh

Fran Kirby

Chloe Kelly

Lauren Hemp

Lauren James

Subs:

Esme Morgan

Eleanor Parker

Beth Mead

Alessia Russo

Rachel Daly

Hannah Hampton

Lotte Wubben-Moy

Katie Zelem

Grace Clinton

Maya Le Tissier

Khiara Keating

Millie Turner

We head inside and we get changed. I put my hair into a ponytail and then braid it. I smile and we go out to warm up. I smile and the warm up has been real good. We head inside and get ready. Sarina smirks. "Well, you know what I want. Yes our first match against them resulted in a loss but we've worked out what we've done wrong and we just need to focus and fight." said Sarina. We nod and go outside. 

I sit down and Hannah pushes my leg. "We're going to win" said Hannah. "I hope so" I said. We watch as they take the knee and the referee blows the whistle. 

I rub my face because Netherlands are strong and creating pressure on us from the whistle. As we near 12 minutes, we watch as Lineth Beerensteyn scores the opening goal. I sigh and shake my head. "They should have defended better but it should have been saved" I said. "I agree. We need to wake up" said Hannah, taking a sip of her water.

It goes even until Beerensteyn scores again. I sigh and rub my face. "Two easy goals to save let in." I said. Hannah nods and then eventually it's half time. We go inside and Sarina just sighs. "We're making mistakes constantly and they found the 2 goals pretty easily. We need to do better" said Sarina. 

We go out and I cross my fingers. Once it kicks off, I start warming up. At 59 minutes Georgia scores. Everyone goes mad. "Yes Georgia!" I shout. I run back when Sarina waves me over. "Your going on." said Sarina. As I get ready Lauren Hemp scores at 60 minutes. We cheer and I'm soon subbed on.

Netherlands has tightened up on their defence and we find it hard to break through. Once we hear that there has been five minutes added time, we shake our heads. We have to win. 

I get the ball outside the box and notice I have a bit of space to try so I plant my foot and shoot. I watch as it sails past defenders and into the back of the net. I scream and run to the corner flag. I knee slide and hear people celebrating. Soon the match is over and I cheer. Millie hugs me and smiles. "Debut goal!" said Millie, smiling. "I know! I'm so happy" I said. 

I get pulled for an interview. 

"Congratulations on the win! I'm Olivia by the way!" said Olivia. "Thank you, Olivia" I said. "So, first goal for England, how does it feel?" asked Olivia. "Amazing. Honestly, it's a dream come through. I've always wanted to score at Wembley and doing it for England is amazing." I said. "Your next match is Scotland, the final match of the Nation's League campaign, are you ready?" asked Olivia. "Of course we are but we take it day by day." I said.

We finish and I head into the dressing room. I have a shower and change. We head to the bus and I lean my head back. I rub my face and stay awake until we reach our camp. We head inside and I say night. I head to my room and put my pyjama's on. I slide under the covers. 

Liked by Lionesses, erincuthbert_, leahwilliamson, niamhcharles and 100K others

Eleanor_Nova: Debut, a goal and a win! Proud to be playing for England <3

Erincuthbert_: please take it easy against Scotland, Els! 

Replying to Erincuthbert_: No promises, Ez x 

Mbrighty: Scary Ellie <3 

Lionesses: amazing shift, Ellie! 

I turn my phone off and Leah walks inside. "You going to sleep?" asked Leah. "Yeah, I'm tired" I said. "Same. Night, Ellie" said Leah. I turn over and fall asleep pretty quickly knowing my debut couldn't have gone better. I hope I get to start against Scotland and show my full potential but again that's up to Sarina.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Lorna xx