9: Scotland v England

We travelled up to Scotland yesterday morning and today is the match against Scotland. Sarina has yet to tell us who is starting so we just have to wait. I pull on my training kit and pull my hair into a bun. 

Leah smiles. "Your ready" said Leah. "Yeah" I said. Leah nods and we go have breakfast before heading out to train for a bit. 

Training went good and we head to the stadium. We get there and go onto the pitch. We walk around and I smile. "You excited?" asked Leah. "Yeah, I am" I said. We head inside and Sarina smiles. 

"I guess it's time to give the starting eleven!" said Sarina. We smile. She hands out the list and I  gasp.

Starting 11:

Mary Earps

Niamh Charles

Millie Bright

Leah Williamson

Lucy Bronze

Georgia Stanway

Keira Walsh

Fran Kirby

Beth Mead

Eleanor Parker

Lauren James

Subs:

Alex Greenwood

Ella Toone

Alessia Russo

Jess Carter

Hannah Hampton

Lotte Wubben-Moy

Katie Zelem

Chloe Kelly

Grace Clinton

Rachel Daly

Maya Le Tissier

Khiara Keating

Millie Turner 

"Your starting Eleanor. You done well against Netherlands, so let's go out and smash it. Time to warm up ladies" said Sarina. We head out to warm up and Millie hugs me. "Your starting! You deserve it" said Millie. 

Once we finish warming up, we head inside and get ready. I put my hair in a French braid and nod. Leah walks over. "Your gonna do great" said Leah. "Thanks" I said, nodding. Leah smiles and I feel someone's stare. I turn and spot Keira glaring. I sigh and turn away. 

We go line up and wait till we can go out. Erin waves and I wave back. We walk out and I breathe in. This is scary but again, I'm ready. We sing the anthems and then we get our picture. We do our huddle before Leah goes to get the coin flip. 

Once we find out what we're doing, we take the knee and the then stand up. The whistle blows and we begin. I get the ball in the box and I breathe. I go to kick but someone catches me and not the ball. I go down and hold my foot. 

Leah runs over and kneels. "You ok?" asked Leah. "Yeah, just sore" I said, breathing heavily. We hear shouting and we get a penalty. Lisa Evan's gets a yellow card. I stand up and Leah nods. "Your going to take the penalty, ok?" said Leah. "What" I said. "Sarina told me I can decide on a penalty taker. Your taking it" said Leah. I nod and put the ball down. The referee gets everyone ready before she blows the whistle. 

I hear her blow and I run to the ball. I kick and watch as the goalie goes the wrong way and the ball hits the back of the net. 12 minutes gone and we are 1-0 up. We get back to the game.