Chapter 5

--- 5 ---

*Arianna Carlson*

Chase was quick in getting to me. This time instead of holding my hand, he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me to him and started walking, ignoring the reporters and failing their efforts to crush us under their questions.

I didn’t dare glance his way once we were inside. I knew, by his touch that he was still in the ecstasy of the kiss. It made me uneasy but comfortable at the same way.

“Lancaster!” someone called out for him just as we reached the counter.

Chase turned and grinned broadly, “Gage…” A guy, dressed like Chase in dress suit; chestnut brown hair and pair of hazel eyes, walked to us. Releasing me, Chase stepped forward and greeted him in a way most guys do.

“Congratulations Lancaster, you’ve done real shit this time…” Gage chuckled sarcastically and gave Chase a pat on his shoulder.

“Told you I can cross any limit…” Chase said; the arrogance thick in his accented tone was toxicating. He smirked making Gage laugh. I just stood behind them, awkwardly looking around. Surely I wasn’t needed in between them.

“The X, man? Really?” Gage chuckled in surprise. I didn’t exactly understand what the ‘x’ was but I was sure it was some kind of a trick. “Charming man, charming!” he laughed shaking his head a bit.

“Just for special occasions…” Chase grinned.

“Cant believe it actually worked this time!” they both had a great laugh about it and then Gage stepped back, raising both his hands in the air and did the bowing thing. I gasped.

Okay I really didn’t understand what it was all about… Chase was just a Guy! Why was everyone treating him like God!

“Teach me what is the ultimate, O master Lancaster!” he said loudly and laughed stupidly.

Chase raised his eyebrow. “Since when have you started using my last name?”

“Ever since you added a little something to the family…” this time Gage’s sight caught mine. I flushed as he winked.

Chase smirked, putting his arm around my shoulder he said. “This is not little.” He smirked proudly. “Gage this is Arianna, my wife… and darling,” he turned his face to me, still smirking. “He’s Gage McCarthy, my buddy.”

“Pleasure to meet you…” Gage held his hand to me. “…Mrs. Lan—”

“Please,” I cut him off, taking his hand, gently shrugging Chase away. “Call me Ari.” I smiled to him shaking his hand. Not that I was flirting with him, but I hated being called Mrs. Lancaster and Arianna was a long name!

He chuckled. “Alright then, Ari it is…” Chase’s hand was on my arm suddenly. Gage saw that and looked back at him. “So what’s next?”

“New York. Father ought to meet his son’s latest scandal.” Chase smiled darkly.

“Let’s get going then. Jet’s ready.” Gage started walking ahead of us. Chase’s walked too, pulling me with him. I just stared at his face; how could he be so pretentious? How can a person not have feelings?! He called me a scandal without even realizing I was standing right beside him!

My insides burned. I guess all the anger that was buried in me was finally leveling up. All the anger from last night’s drinks and the forced winning kiss to the tricked marriage and then getting paid for it was finally ready to get out. But I just needed to wait a little more. There was one more thing to do…