Chapter 41

--- 41 ---

*Arianna Lancaster*

Staying mad at Chase was the hardest thing. Especially when he was being so caring.

He was doing it intentionally, I knew it. Trying to make me talk to him. I honestly wanted to. But I loved to stay mad at him. I couldn’t just forget that he signed our divorce papers!

And also he had flooded our penthouse!

He was an idiot.

A cute idiot, I must say. At least he burned the papers.

“Arianna!?” Chase’s concentrated voice stalled from the kitchen. “You know where the olives are honey?”

I rolled my eyes. He’s been using pet names since the morning. “I don’t know, honey.” I smiled to myself, turning the volume of the television high.

We were staying in my parent’s apartment –my last resort for running away from Chase, now our home –for possibly till our real penthouse was fixed.

Chase was in the kitchen for the third time, now making dinner after his failed attempts to make breakfast and lunch too.

“Well, it’s your home, you should know!” he called from the kitchen and Milo cuddled closer to me. The fact that Chase was acting unlike himself –much weirder was freaking Milo out too.

“You ordered the grocery, you should know.” I told him back carelessly and focused my attention back to the show I was trying to watch but I was failing miserably because Chase himself was a distraction.

My mind was continuously thinking how Chase was handling the kitchen. Not that I cared about the furnishing, but there was a huge possibility Chase could burn himself or get a cut.

“I don’t remember where I stuffed things.” He called and a second later ducked his head through the opening, holding a sizzling frying pan. “Will you help me please?” he gave me a puppy dog look and I almost melted.

His black hair ruffled; untidy and his forehead gleaming with sweat and his cheeks were pink from the heat.

I had to clutch the cushion tightly so I won’t go running to help him.

“No.” I told him and his face fell so I added hastily, lamely. “I don’t wanna miss this show.”

He gave me a side-way frown and nodded in understanding. “Okay, no worries. It’s almost done. Enjoy your show…” he smiled innocently, making me want to jump at him.

Oh cut it out Chase! I’m supposed to be mad at you!

I frowned at myself turning back to the television. I hated the show. I didn’t even know what it was about! So why the hell am I even watching it!?

I should just really forget about the entire divorce thing. It was really a mistake.

Yeah I should just let him know I forgive him and then kiss him tight and then help him make something genuine instead of the thing he was making which smelled like cat vomit.

Not that I had smelled that!

Just that Chase’s dish smelled really nasty.

“Shit!” Chase cursed loudly and my eyes went wide in horror. He’s got his finger cut!

“What is it?” I blindly ran in the kitchen, grabbing his hand examining it. My hands shook in panic as I did so. “Did you get a cut? Is it deep? God! Can’t you be more careful!?”