Chapter 11

--- 11 ---

*Arianna Lancaster*

The next morning, I half expected myself to be in my own bed, waking up from a horrifying dream about sleeping with a half-naked man in the same room… but unfortunately, that wasn’t just my luck.

I just didn’t want to open my eyes to the reality, so I stayed in the bed – cozy it was, and stretched myself until my feet touched something smooth. I froze in my place. Last time I remembered, there was no one except me on the bed. Slowly, I opened my eyes and found Chase lying beside me. Not close but he was there. On the bed. With me. Since I don’t know when.

My eyes stopped at his face. He looked so innocent, with his dark hair falling over his closed eyes. No one could tell he had a devil hiding behind his boyish face. As he breathed through his slightly parted lips, his chest rose and fell in a rhythm. I could almost hear his heart beating against his smooth, toned, so very appealing chest.

Quickly I snapped the thoughts away. Was I thinking about the beauty of a guy who was unkind and manipulating? Who kissed me last night after creating rules for me to live with him? Sure he looked god-like sleeping like this but it was just his external beauty. From the inside, I was sure; he was a ravaging beast without a heart!  

And he wittingly slept besides me, sometime at night, when I made it clear that I wasn’t going to sleep with him –let alone naked him!

I sat up quickly as I remembered Why he actually let me sleep alone.

A smile crept around my lips as I looked at Milo, sitting down on the carpeted floor, besides the bed scanning the room and wriggling his tail. Very slowly, I took Milo in my hands and brought him up towards Chase’s face. He let out a tiny bark but I shushed him. Chase shouldn’t wake up just like this…

I let Milo down, just near Chase’s face but he leaped on me. He was scared of him. Who wouldn’t be? I soothed Milo down. “Sit, boy. Sit.” He relaxed a bit. Chase didn’t even felt a weight against his chest. Good. Because what I was about to do now would make him jump out of his senses.

“Lick him boy, go on…” I prompted Milo towards him. He retaliated but I kept him there. I whispered again. “C’mon Milo, lick him.”

I was eager to see Chase’s freshly licked face and his expression to find Milo so close to him. “He won’t bit you…” I whispered to Milo. I wished Milo could bite him. “…just lick him…” I couldn’t keep laughter from my voice. Watching me excited, Milo did as I told him, excited to make me laugh.

Chase flinched a bit but kept sleeping. Milo licked him eagerly this time and Chase’s lip twitched and his brows gathered together. In a quick blink he snapped his eyes open and jumped out of the bed at the sight of Milo sitting so close to his face. I let out a chuckle, trying very hard not to laugh too much.

“What the hell!?” he shouted, brushing his palm to his face. “Didn’t I tell you to keep your dog away from my bed!?” he said through his teeth. He looked extremely pissed but it didn’t keep me from laughing at his face.

Slipping off the bed, I faced him. “Didn’t I tell you to not sleep on the bed with me?”

“I’m not in a habit of sleeping on the couch!” once again he was close to me, but he was angrier this time.

“And I’m not in a habit of keeping Milo away from me.” I told him, gazing back in his eyes sternly.

“How about I keep him away from you?”