Chapter 38

--- 38 ---

*Arianna Lancaster*

I stretched out pleasantly as my slumber started fading the in the glowing sun light pouring through the open curtains. The memories from last night misted my mind and I smiled with my eyes closed, cherishing the feel of it still lingering on my skin.

I love you Arianna.

My heart leaped again as I repeated Chase’s words in my mind. The moment I had been waiting for so long had finally come. Hearing what I had been waiting for so long to hear from Chase’s mouth was euphoric. I couldn’t fill my heart.

I smiled as I remembered asking Chase to say it again and again until he was keen enough to show me how much he had meant it.

Say it again, Chase.’ I had asked totally breathless right after he pulled back from the igniting kiss.

I love you…’ he smiled and this time I had taken him first.

Once again after pulling back, I asked him. ‘Say it one more time.’

I love you.’ He had said smoothly and my face had burned with the blush his words had caused. The thudding of my heart increased even more when he had grasped my arm and poured his melting gaze in mine. ‘I love the way I make you blush…’ he had whispered in a seductive way. ‘…and I love to say it as much as you love to hear it… so Arianna…” he had closed in until our breaths mingled.

And right before his lips had softly taken mine in between he whispered. ‘…believe me when I say I love you… and feel it when I show you…’

And then Chase had melted me, ignited me and had filled me with such a cruel avidity I had lost myself in him. He had invigorated me, inflamed me and burned me thoroughly before we were both left exhausted yet ardent; full of longing, desire and passionate fervidity; full of avidity of love.

Still lost in the sweet mist from the last night, I stretched my hand wanting to feel the warmth of Chase’s skin, to feel his masculine length.

How much had I wished of waking up like this?

In his arms, in his bed.

And last night had been our first night since our marriage.

But the enormity of the bed, empty of anyone but me hit me so suddenly I snapped my eyes open, lying very still in my place.

He was already up; I realized and quickly sat up. Was it too late? As I looked around for the clock, I noticed the room around.

It was the room I had once been in; in my total chaos I hadn’t noticed how very… Chase like it was. Very plain yet exquisitely set. I smiled as I pictured Chase and the room together. If he was a thing, he’d fit in perfectly.

“Good morning.” Chase’s floating voice startled me a bit. “You seem really happy.” He commented grinning at me, leaning against the panel of his bathroom door with just his boxer on.

A sight of him I was used to from the very beginning. “Is it about me?”

“Why would you make me happy?” I teased him back.

He raised his eyebrow in finality. “Because I’m everything you want.”

I bit back a smile and teasingly moved towards him holding the sheet around me as I was totally naked. His smirk melted into a heart-flipping smile as I was close enough to kiss him, fixing my eyes with his.