Chapter 21

--- 21 ---

*Chase Lancaster*

A trickle of electric wave is running through my whole body; my breathing is agitated. Every inch of my body is drenched in a strange heat of passion; a desire is surging through me.

I want more. I don’t want this to end. Never. I think I’d explode if it stops. I can’t take the rising, burning flames but I can’t even survive without them. I want to burn. I want to flame. I want to have more.

Everything is dark; I can’t see anything but I can feel her… I can feel her presence, her touch, her feel soft skin against my body. It feels so wonderful. I’m feeling like I have landed in heaven. A dark heaven; where peace is just in touching her.

A pleasurable burning is creeping upon my lips. I want to press in more so either the burning would subside or it would flame up even more. I want to kiss her with all the passion that’s left within me, so breaking through all the ties that are holding me back, I lunged for it.

But all I got was the air; thin empty air and a cruel laughing whisper. ‘Don’t fall in love with me…

I snapped open my eyes and sat up, half drenched in sweat. “Urgh!” I gritted my teeth at my stupidity. What had I been dreaming!? I let out a lot of air and took my head in my hands, rubbing my eyes. I have to control it! I was losing my mind!

It had been almost a week since I was seduced by Arianna and our last encounter of heated argument and every night since then, I was having dreams about her.  I don’t know why, but they were all the same. Lust, seduction, temptation, passion…

Frowning at me I quickly grabbed my phone from the bed-side table and dialed without wasting another moment. “Snyder, its Chase.” I spoke as soon as it was answered.

There was hesitation on the other side. “Yeah? Something wrong?” Snyder, my lawyer spoke urgently.

“Everything’s wrong!” I barked but quickly controlled myself. I sighed. “Is it done?” suddenly I was tired. I didn’t want to speak but I had to.

“Uh, I’m— I am working on it.” I groaned so he added quickly. “Don’t worry its going to be ready soon.”

“I want it this weekend.”

“Next.” He interjected quickly. “Give me some time Chase. With all the—”

“Fine. Just hurry.” Before I totally lose my mind.

Shoving the phone back, I got out of the bed, noticing the time; school. The long bath calmed me much. Even though her thoughts swam through my mind, it forced me to think about what she last said to me.

I hate you for doing this to me.

It hurt but it was better this way. She hated and I didn’t like her either. It was just some infatuation. It’ll be over when we go our separate ways.

That was the last time we talked. Over the week we barely saw each other. She left for school even before I woke up and she’d lock herself in her room when I was back.

So it was a surprise for me to see her in the kitchen, eating a toast and reading the morning paper. She tensed up a bit as she saw me entering. Of course, it was awkward.

I cleared my throat. “Good morning.” I tried to sound casual like nothing was wrong between us. I couldn’t understand why all of a sudden I wanted to talk to her. She didn’t reply though. I helped myself to a glass of juice and an apple without looking at her. “Uh, is everything going okay? I mean school?” I asked casually trying to start a conversation but she didn’t speak. I frowned and turned myself to her. “Are we ignoring each other?”