Chapter 33

"So how are the ducklings doing?" Nick asked me and handed me a glass of wine.

I hope, or else I'll hit him.

In the face.

I put my plate on my lap and carefully put the fork down beside the cake.

Amber had made strawberry cake with vanilla icing, it tasted yummy!

Out of habit I looked out the window to see if the little pond was visible, or if Colt had been too lazy to cut the bushes in front of it.

It was no longer visible from our point of view, but I knew that they weren't there.

I checked a few days ago and they were all gone, maybe they'd left to somewhere else.

They are most likely grown up now so it didn't surprise me.

When I looked at Nick he was already looking at me with a smile on his face, his faint left dimple showing.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" I frown and tilt my head to the side.

Nick shook his head and reached his hand out, to my surprise he cupped my cheek.

My heart fluttered and I couldn't do anything, but stare into his eyes.

He leaned in slightly and my heart stopped, I think I might die right here right now.

Then his thumb swiped over the corner of my mouth and he pulled back his hand.

White icing on his thumb as he put it into his mouth and sucked the icing off.

"You had a little something on your face," he chuckled.

I nodded stiffly as my face slowly turned red with embarrassment.

Nick chuckled, but it turned into laughing when my face kept heating up.

"I'm sorry, that was inappropriate," he said, patting my thigh.

I laughed carefully with him and put my hand on top of his, smiling at him thankfully.

"Thanks for coming, but the party wasn't necessary, really," I said, looking around at the few people that were here.

Maggie was talking with two older versions of Nick, most likely his parents.

They all had give smiles on their faces, looking like they were having fun something that made me happy.

"Excuse me, but could you take your hand off my girl before you lose it?"

Immediately Nick's hand retreated and he stood up, slinging his arm around Colt's shoulders.

"Hey bro!"

"Don't 'hey bro' me."

"Okay.."

"Such friendship!" I laughed and stood up too, wrapping my arms around them both.

Colt chuckled and kissed the top of my head, putting his arms around me and Nick.

"Group hug!"

Soon to join us were Amber and Cana.

These are my best friends and boyfriend, and I love them all.

~*~

"Lisanna, put the knife down," I said carefully, moving to the left to place the kitchen island between us.

She growled at me, her fangs bared and eyes glittering red with crazy.

To say I was terrified was a huge understatement.