Breaking A Tool

Maya was settled on the bleachers waiting for lacrosse practice to start, ready to support Scott playing first line and Stiles.....keeping the bench warm. She was definitely still pissed that they were keeping something from her, but she was holding off on the cold shoulder and bitch stares for now. Gazing out at the field she tried to find either of her friends, but instead found her gaze falling onto someone else. Locking her brown eyes onto blue ones, Maya couldn't stop herself from staring just a bit, Jackson may be a bit of a jerk but he was definitely an attractive jerk. Plus there was the possibility of a nice guy, the one she met on a ride home from a party, hidden underneath all the good looks and hair gel.

Not really sure what to do since she was just awkwardly staring at Jackson now, she sent him a pitiful wave. Cockily smirking over at her, Jackson gave a her a tiny wave back, shocking Maya. Coach then yelled at Jackson to grab a long stick, ending the weird moment between the two teens. She couldn't decide whether she wanted to punch the smirk off his attractive face or go make out with him in Coach's office. Maya groaned at her hormonal thoughts, mentally scolding herself I need to sort out my priorities.

Saving Maya from her silent pity party, Stiles enthusiastically waved at his brunette friend when he spotted her. Maya chuckled at her dorky friend and gave both of them a salute, then mouthed 'goodluck'. Grinning at her, Stiles gave her a thumbs up and then practically tripped over his own feet to get out on the field. Scott was less enthusiastic that Stiles, seeming to be worried about something, though Maya assumed it was probably just nerves for being on first line now.

Lining up on the field, Jackson was guarding the goal while the rest of the team were trying to score. As Scott ran down the field, he seemed to be off his game and Jackson nailed him and sent him flying to the ground. Maya and Stiles both cringed, feeling sorry for their best friend. But Coach apparently doesn't feel many emotions, unless it's hatred for Greenburg, because he had no sympathy when he started yelling at Scott.

"My grandmother can move faster than that. And she's dead. You think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?"

Scott mumbled out an answer, feeling embarrassed. But Finstock only continued to get louder.

"I can't hear you"

"Yes, Coach" At this point Scott looked angry, and he shoved his way to the front of the line. His shoulders were heaving as the werewolf in him started to gain more control.

Coach threw his hands in the air, looking excited now that Scott seemed fired up. "McCall's gonna do it again"

Wanting to be supportive of her puppy-dog eyed friend, Maya stood up on the bleachers and started clapping madly. "Let's go Scotty, you've got this! Woohoo!" The team laughed at the brunette's antics, though Jackson didn't seem happy to hear Maya's cheers for Scott.

"Hey Williams," shouted Coach, since he only has one volume," save the cheerleading for the games"

Satisfied with her efforts, Maya gave Coach a thumbs up and reclaimed her seat on in the stands. Focusing back in on the drill, she crossed her fingers, praying that Scott would redeem himself- She knew how badly he wanted first line.

Tearing down the field, Scott headed straight at Jackson, tackling him head on. There was a loud crack as the two boys collided, both toppling to the ground. Maya's hands shot up to her mouth, stifling the gasp that escaped as she watched the chaos unfold on the field. The entire team and Coach Finstock huddled around Jackson, who was lying on the ground groaning in pain. Frantically, Maya started searching for Scott because she was afraid he would be just as injured, instead Maya saw Stiles practically dragging him into the locker room. Not sure what to do since it was the men's locker room, Maya grabbed her bag and started heading away from the field only to run into what felt like a brick wall.