Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right

Life was filled with uncertainty, it was hard to predict what the future had in store. The world used to be so simple, like a black and white movie, yet now it was filled with color and plot-twists no one saw coming. Her best friend was a werewolf, her other friend came from a long line of hunters, and there was an alpha that wanted them all dead. Maya finally knew every little detail after she confronted Scott and now her whole world was falling apart.

Nothing seemed to make sense anymore. Everything she'd thought she knew was wrong, nothing was as it seemed. The truth was what she wanted and she got her wish. But now she was paying the price. Lying to her friends and family and constantly looking over her shoulder for danger was the cost of finally being taken out of the dark.

Maybe that's why she found herself sitting on Jackson's bed, flipping through his chemistry homework. After the big supernatural reveal, she just wanted a little normalcy.

"You know, when you told me you wanted to hang out, I didn't think you meant tutoring me in chemistry." Jackson complained.

Maya glanced up from the papers in her hand, "Yeah, well it seems like you could use the help Whittemore."

"Wow, Maya Williams, who knew you could be so mean." He smiled as the brunette on his bed began to laugh. As he joined in her laughter, his face slowly contorted in anguish as pain flared up in his neck. His hand clutched at the marred skin, grasping for relief. Jackson jumped when he felt another hand slowly touch the wound gouged into his neck. The pain had been so bad, he hadn't even notice Maya move.

Her fingers felt cold against his hot skin. They lightly ran across the raised flesh, soothing the agony coursing through his body. She went to pulled her hand away, but his grabbed onto it, not wanting to lose the comforting feeling that Maya Williams always seemed to bring him.

It concerned Maya how normal it felt to have Jackson's hand holding hers. What was more concerning was that she didn't want him to let go. The feelings she felt towards him weren't a secret, having accepting them not too long ago, but now it felt like her affections were getting out of control.

Girlfriend.

That thought caused her to pull her hand away quickly, making Jackson stare at her in confusion. "It looks painful." She told him, trying to fill the silence that seemed like it was crushing down upon her.

A frown graced Jackson's handsome features, "Only sometimes, it's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal?" Concern rang throughout her voice, "It could be infected, or worse. Your health is a big concern you idiot, you need to see a doctor."

Her brows furrowed as Jackson laughed, not seeing what was so funny. Once he realized how weird his response must have seemed, he tried to get the girl to understand. "Sorry, it's just- I'm not used to having people be worried about me."

It was her turn to laugh now, "Seriously, how can you not see how many people care about you? Your parent, Danny-"

"You?"

Time seemed to slow down in that moment. Jackson had stood up from his chair, now standing in front of Maya. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized how close they were.

"Of course I care about you." She whispered, not meeting his eyes. His hand came up to gently grasp her chin, tilting her face up towards his. His blue eyes searched hers, looking for the sincerity of her words.

Jackson leaned down, softly pressing his lips against Maya's. Her breath caught in her throat in that moment, Jackson Whittemore was kissing her. It was a kiss filled with unspoken feelings that neither teenager truly understood.

Her eyes fluttered shut as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her. His hands rested on her hips as he deepened the kiss, savoring the taste of strawberries on her lips. They slowly drifted backwards, Maya's legs hitting the edge of the bed and making her fall back onto the surface.

That was when the moment fell apart and reality set in. Her hand pressed against his chest, forcing Jackson away from her as Maya practically jumped off of his bed. He had a girlfriend and it wasn't her.

"Maya?"

"What are we doing right now?" Panic laced her voice as she stared at Jackson laying on his bed. "Oh my god, I just made out with a guy who has a girlfriend." Maya muttered to herself, though Jackson still overheard her.

"Yeah and she made out with Scott."

Maya's heart stopped as Jackson spoke, "Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm not that kind of girl Jackson."

"What do you want me to say then Maya?" Jackson asked her, getting up from the bed to stand in front of her. "She doesn't even care about me! Why should I feel bad for kissing you when she felt no shame in making out with Scott."

"So is that all I am to you?" Hurt shone in her brown eyes as she gazed back at him. "Some little revenge plot, a way to get even."

His eyes softened, "No. Look, I don't know what I feel right now, but I know that it's not what I have with Lydia. Everything about you makes me feel different than when I'm with her. It's like you bring out a side of me I didn't even know I had."

The tension was palpable between the two, their words hung heavy in the air. Neither one knew what else to say, words couldn't change what just happened. It was a moment that could change everything, a moment that did change everything.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I know what I feel Jackson, but I don't think you do. I should go." Maya turned her back to him, grabbing her jacket from the chair. She paused in the doorway, hesitating to leave. Her heart wanted her to turn around, but her brain told her to walk away. "Let me know when you figure it out."

Jackson watched as she gave him a sad smile before she walked away. He wanted to follow after her, but he knew it wouldn't change a thing.

Life was filled with uncertainty, things didn't always happen the way you wanted them to.

.......................

They finally kissed! I feel evil for the ending, but Maya and Jackson still have some issues to deal with before the end of the season. Okay, a lot of issues to deal with before the end of the season. It won't be smooth sailing for Jaya, even though I just want my babies to be happy and in love :(