Spy-Mantic ♡ Chapter Sixteen

We surrounded warehouse 46. Will and Agent Wisp were hiding behind the nearest dumpster, just in case I needed help. Most of the agency crowded around, so we could capture Kenny.

This is it Ella. This is your best shot of proving your worthiness to this Agency. This is your chance to show them you're not just a screw up anymore. After this, you can go home, and resume your normal life without having to worry about anything like this again.

Don't mess this up.

"Send Cardinal in." Agent Wisp said over the walkie talkie. 'Cardinal' was my code name. Will was Sparrow, Agent Wisp was Blue Jay, and the forces were called The Flock.

The man holding the walkie talkie looked at me.

"Now's your time." He nodded towards the front of the warehouse. I hesitantly nodded, and began to walk towards the building.

I was scared. Who even knew if this was going to work? For all we know, this could blow up, and I could end up hurt- or worse- dead.

I gulped before stopping in front of the door. Was I ready for this?

Doesn't matter. I can't turn back now.

I have to do this without being scared. Fear will get in my way, and ruin this. I can't allow it to.

I shook my fears away, and put on a brave face.

It's showtime.

"Hey Kenny!" I yelled, "It's me, Ella!"

I waited for a response, but didn't get one.

"I'm surrendering myself to you!" I added.

Yea, this got him up. Kenny's face pressed against the window by the door, and examined my surroundings. I guess he didn't see anything, because he stepped outside of his little haven.

"Well, well. So glad to see you've made up your mind." Kenny smirked.

"Sorry it took a while." I flashed a fake smile.

"Did you like my little surprises?" He asked, walking around me in a circle.

He must be talking about the flower shop and the note.

"Can't say I did." I responded. Kenny chuckled, but suddenly shoved me up against the walls of the building.

"I think it's funny how you suddenly decide to just show up, Ella." His voice and facial expression turned cold and somewhat angry.

"I-I came to my senses." I stuttered a little, because he was kind of choking me.

"Ha, if only that was true." He brought his face in closer, "I'm too smart for you and that dumb agency. I know what this is, and I know that we're surrounded right now. I'm going to let you go, because now's not the best time to do any of this, but if you try anymore games today, I swear, this will be the end of you."

Kenny let go of me roughly, sending me to the ground. I gasped for air as I watched him walk back towards the warehouse.

I would of ran away, but this wasn't the goal- this wasn't the mission. The Agency needed to capture him once and for all, and that's what's going to happen.

I shook my head and stood up. What was I actually getting myself into? I should know better by now.

"Stop!" I yelled, running after him. Just as Kenny turned around, I jumped on top of him, and we both fell to the ground with a thud.

"You stupid girl." He muttered, right before throwing me off like a pillow. Kenny stood up, and grabbed me by the arm. He took out one of those special guns, and shot it towards the roof. A small, metal anchor placed itself against the tiny, brick wall. Just as the door swung open, and the flock arrived, Kenny and I both were lifted up onto the roof.