The Worst Fail of a Quidditch Practice: Secret Existence

As the four of us headed to the quidditch pitch with Harry we expected the worst, Wood to be annoying and them to practice minimally. It was an epic fail of such master proportions I wanted to scream and pull my hair out.

After we got there Ron and Hermione headed to sit somewhere, I however followed Katie, a girl from the team. After they were all ready and sitting around Wood launched his big speech. I sat behind the team listening. May I say I was much more attentive than they were. Believe it or not, Woods’s rather long speech was actually interesting. The only other person really listening was Harry. Fred and George were talking quietly, probably planning something. The girls were also whispering although I don’t know, or care, what about. When Wood finally finished they all stood up. Then Wood noticed me.

“Who are you?” he asked rudely.

I smirked and stepped into better light, “I’m only here to listen to your speech. It was rather good, although kinda long.” Wood looked a bit lost.

“Wood, she is on our side,” George said.

Fred added, “Yeah, Sky would make a bad Spy. She probably really liked your speech. She is better at quidditch than we are.” He admitted the last bit slightly ashamed.

“Really?” Wood asked excited.

“Yeah,” Harry said nodding.

“She is really good,” George agreed.

Wood smiled like a kid on Christmas morning, “Want to help us practice? We can always use someone to push all of us.”

“I don’t have a broom,” I said trying to find an excuse.

Wood was practically bouncing on his feet. “You could use a school broom.”

“Fine,” I rolled my eyes and he ran off coming back nearly instantly with a broom.

“What position do you play?” He questioned. Fred, George, and Harry all chuckled slightly.

“Where ever you want me,” I said trying to shy away from his question.

“What are you good at?” He pushed.

George saved me from speaking, “Wood, she could play against all of us, with no help, and still would stand a fighting chance. She can play everything.”

“Really?” His eyes lit up.

I rolled my eyes, “I’m not that good.”

The twins both looked at me like I had grown a third head before they both said, “Yes you are.”

“Can we just play?” I said annoyed at the attention. With that we all headed towards the quidditch pitch to see Sytherin’s team walking out.

“This can’t be good,” I whispered. I saw Hermione and Ron come out and meet up with us all.

“Gryffindor has the quidditch pitch booked,” Wood said rudely to the Slytherin captain.

“We have special permission from Professor Snape,” The boy smirked.

Wood took the note and read it aloud, “I give Slytherin permission to use the pitch to train their new seeker. You have a new seeker?” With that Malfoy stepped out.

“As if, Malfoy can barely fly a broom, let alone be a seeker,” I said rudely. Malfoy stepped towards me but didn’t do anything.

“His father also bought us all the new Nimbus 2001,” The captain said.