Everything Must Come to an End

The ride to Hermione’s house was quiet and slightly awkward at first. I’d never met Hermione’s family which I’m sure had something to do with the awkwardness. After a few minutes though everyone was starting to act normal, which was a relief.

“So this summer we were thinking we’d take you girls to France,” Hermione’s father said.

Hermione practically squealed, “Really? I’ve always wanted to go to France!”

“It does sound amazing,” I agreed quietly.

“Plus we might go camping for a week or two. Have you ever gone camping Sky?” Mrs. Granger asked.

I shook my head, “No way. The girl’s at the orphanage would have had panic attacks. They are fairly obsessed with their AC and hair products.” Everyone laughed a little.

“Well then it’s settled. We have appointments for the next two weeks, and we’ll leave after that,” Mr. Granger said.

When we got to their house I smiled. It was a beautiful normal little house. It was two stories high with a little garden in front. It was a sharp contrast to the Weasley’s house. It looked homier then the orphanage. It was the kind of place that I liked to imagine is where I’d live if Voldemort had never attacked my family. I remember when I was five imagining my family at night. We’d live in a little house in a wizarding community. Mom would be out front gardening, Dad would be in the house talking to Uncle Sirius, Harry and I would be playing outside. We would be a perfect little family. Of course as got older I stopped imagining it so much, but whenever I was sad I would just conjure up that picture.

“Come on, I’ll show you my room,” Hermione said pulling her trunk out of the car. “We’ll share a room, as long as that’s okay with you.”

“I’m pretty used to sharing a room with you,” I said smiling as I pulled my trunk out too. We walked into her room and I smiled. She has numerous bookshelves all around the room as well as pink and baby blue butterflies. You could tell a few changes had been made since she was little but not too many. Every surface was covered in pictures from every stage of her life. Muggle pictures of her as a little girl, pictures of all her school years, followed by the magical moving pictures of Hogwarts. The one I noticed first was of her, Ron, Harry, and me standing there smiling from when we’d first been friends. We had all grown up so much since then, physically and mentally.

“What do you think?” She asked.

I smiled at her, “It’s awesome. What I’d give for a room like this,” I said, “Or even for a room period.”

“Did the orphanage get rid of your room?” She asked.

I shrugged, “I never really had a room there. We shared a room with between five and ten girls at a time. You had a drawer and a bunk. I had space for my letter from my uncle and my clothes.”

“Well, tomorrow Mum and Dad are working so we have the day to ourselves. What do you say to going to the library and a park? We can take a picnic.”

“Sounds brilliant,” I smiled.

We spent the afternoon just messing around. The next morning we were up fairly early.

“Bye Mum, bye dad,” Hermione called.

“Bye Mrs. and Mr. Granger,” I added as they left for work.

Hermione turned to me, “So cookies and sandwiches?”

“Sounds brilliant,” I smiled.

It turns out making cookies is much harder than it sounds. We made two batches of burnt cookies and a huge mess before we figured it out. Both of us were covered in flour, cookie dough, sugar, and charcoal cookie dust.

“I think we should change before we go anywhere,” I said ducking as Hermione flicked flour at me.

She laughed and nodded, “I’d love to see how people would react to us like this. They’d be more shocked than if we wore our Hogwarts robes.”

We got changed and packed the picnic basket before going to the library. Hermione got a book to read and we went to a little garden like park. We sat under a tree and ate our food. Hermione started reading and I started writing in a note pad I had brought. What was I writing? Everything; letters to Harry, Ron, Ginny, the twins, my absentee uncle, Mum, Dad, and anyone else I thought of. It was more for my benefit then for sending letters. As the sun started to go down we went back to her house.

That was how we spent most of the next two weeks. The Saturday before we left her mom drove us to London to go shopping for the trip. It was an experience I’d never had, a girl’s day out. We shopped, laughed, had lunch, and got tea. It was weird for me, but fun too. As our plane took off for Paris I was so excited for a real vacation I could have jumped up and down.

France was amazing. We did the muggle tourist things of course, which was amazing. Then we did the wizard tourist things which were equally amazing. After we got back the newspaper had an interesting bit of news on the front page, “Sirius Black Escaped From Azkaban.”

“That’s not good. He’s a psychotic killer,” Hermione said. I felt confused and looked at the article I knew instantly it was all a load of crap. My Uncle wouldn’t do anything like that, plus I knew for a fact it wasn’t him who betrayed my parents. So I did the first logical thing, I wrote to Dumbledore. As much as I enjoyed camping I was too absorbed in my thoughts. Then we were back and getting ready to go to Diagon Alley for the end of summer break.

First thing after we dropped off our stuff was to meet up with the Weasleys. Of course they were all panicky because of Sirius Black, which made what I needed to do more complicated. Eventually I got Ron and Hermione away from the others.

“Guys, I have something to tell you,” I said. “It may shock you.”

“What’s up Sky?” Ron asked.

I looked away, “Harry and I are kind of twins?”

“What?” They both yelled and I cringed.

“Yeah, Dumbledore wanted it a secret so Voldemort wouldn’t find out. Now he knows though, so it’s a moot point. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you sooner. Do you forgive me?” I spoke really fast and nervously.

“Of course,” Hermione said hugging me. Ron smiled and nodded. I sighed in relief. It was a weight off my shoulders. Now if only I could get some more information about Sirius and my childhood it would all be perfect.

With that my secret life, my secret existence was finally over. They all knew who I was. It was another example of how all things must come to an end. It was time for me to start discovering me.

THE END

***************************************************************************************

I can't believe this story is over. My first story I've finished the way it was supposed to be. Please vote and comment!

So the next book will be Growing Up. It will be from Sirius's POV about his time raising Sky. Chapter one is online. Incase you were wondering the last paragraph was the end of Secret Existence and the merge into books three and four which will be called Discovering Me.

Vote and comment so I know how you feel about the end of the story!! I want to thank everyone for reading this and I hope you liked it. Have a magical day! Can't wait to see how everyone feels about the rest of Sky's story. I love all of you and your support helps me keep writing. Be blessed and highly favored.

Love,

Emily