The Chamber of Secrets and Learning about True Evil:Secret Existence

After a while we found the chamber and Ginny. She was so pale on the ground.

“Ginny,” I said sliding onto the floor next to her trying to find a pulse. “Wake up Ginny.”

“She won’t wake,” I heard a slimy voice say.

“What do you mean she won’t wake she’s not,” Harry started.

“She’s still alive,” I said.

“But only just,” He said.

“Riddle,” I breathed as a question. “It was you; you opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago? And now your ghost did it?”

“I’m a memory. Preserved in the diary for fifty years.” Riddle said.

I was a bit peeved he didn’t really answer my question, but Harry didn’t seem to notice.

“You have to help me, Tom,” Harry said looking at Ginny’s frozen body. “We’ve got to get her out of here. There’s a basilisk. I don’t know where it is, but it could be along at any moment. Please help me.” He bent down and tried to lift Ginny and then get his wand, but it was gone. My eyes were locked on the diary. I was right, I knew I was right.

“Did you see,” Harry started and we both looked at Riddle. “Thanks.” Harry said reaching out his hand.

“He’s not going to give it to you,” I whispered.

Harry looked towards the exit, “Look we’ve got to go! If the basilisk comes,” He started.

“It won’t come unless it’s called,” Riddle said in a sickly sweet calm voice. Harry out Ginny down in front of me and I took her pulse again, it was getting weaker.

“What do you mean?” Harry asked. “Look, give me my wand. I might need it.” Harry asked and Riddle smiled.

“You won’t be needing it.” Riddle said.

Harry looked confused, “What do you mean I won’t be,” Harry went to ask.

“I’ve waited a long time for this Harry Potter.” Riddle started. “For the chance to see you, to speak to you.”

“I don’t think you get it. We’re in the Chamber of Secrets. We can talk later.” Harry said.

“We’re going to talk now,” Riddle said putting Harry’s wand in his pocket.

I asked my only remaining question, “How’d Ginny get like this?” I asked.

“Well that’s an interesting story,” He said pleased. “And quite a long story. I suppose the real reason Ginny Weasley’s like this is because she opened her heart and spilled all her secret to an invisible stranger.”

“What are you talking about?” Harry asked. He sounded nervous and angry.

“The diary,” I said.

Riddle nodded, “My diary. Little Ginny’s been writing in it for months and months. Telling me all her pitiful worries and woes, how her brothers tease her, how she had to come to school with secondhand robes and books, how,” He paused his eyes glinting with hatred, “how she didn’t think famous, good, great Harry Potter would ever like her,” As he spoke he watched harry like a hawk. His eyes looked dangerous and scary, like he wanted to kill Harry.

“It’s very boring having to listen to the silly little troubles of an eleven year old girl.” He continued seeming to be getting excited. “But I was patient. I wrote back. I was sympathetic, I was kind. Ginny simply loved me. “No one’s ever understood me like you Tom. I’m so glad I’ve got this diary to confide in, it’s like having a friend I can carry around in my pocket.”” He laughed a cold cruel laugh.