Why is it always us? Secret Existence

The next morning we were released from the hospital, much to both of our relief.

“Where are Ron and Hermione?” Harry asked.

I thought for a moment before remembering our conversation yesterday, “Myrtle’s bathroom.” We hurriedly snuck in to see them having started the potion. “Well that was fast. We missed a lot in the hospital. You’ll never believe what we did find out though.”

“What happened?” Hermione asked.

“Dobby showed up, confirmed the existence of the Chamber of Secrets. Then Harry’s stalker showed up petrified,” I summed it all up.

“What?” Hermione asked shocked. Then we explained everything in more detail.

“What do you think it could be?” I asked.

Hermione thought for a moment, “I don’t know. Maybe it can become invisible.”

“Is that even possible?” Harry asked.

She nodded, “There are a few that can. I’ve read about them.”

As Christmas came closer everyone was getting suspicious, and scared. We had also decided that Christmas would be an ideal time to talk to Malfoy. That meant we had to steal from Snape. Now as a trouble maker you may think this sounded fun to me. You would be wrong. You see I like pranks, the kind that can be reversed easily. Stealing isn’t my thing. Sadly, I was the most experienced with causing a distraction.

“Sky, we need you to plan something,” Hermione said.

I sighed and thought for a minute, “We’re making a swelling solution right?” She nodded, “One of us could do something to get the potion to explode. Snape would have to clean up the potion and help anyone the potion hit. While he does that one of us could sneak into his stores quickly.”

“Sounds brilliant, who should go?” Ron asked.

Harry spoke, “Hermione or Sky. You guys know what we need and how it looks.”

“I’ll do it. Sky can’t afford to get caught.” Hermione said.

I nodded, “We still need to figure out how we’ll get someone’s cauldron to,” I gasped. “Fireworks, I can get one from Fred.”

“Perfect,” Hermione smiled.

And it went perfectly, we got exactly what we needed plus we got to see the Slytherin’s faces swell.

A week had passed when a notice went up; they were starting a dueling club. Hermione knew that Professor Flitwick used to be a dueling champion, so we all really hoped it would be him. Sadly for us, it wasn’t we got Lockhart and Snape. Could it have been any worse? I should have never asked that, because whenever you do it always seems to get worse.

Sure enough after the first little fight which didn’t exactly go well, Harry and Draco were pulled up to demonstrate. Malfoy decided to conjure a snake and that’s when all hell broke loose.

“I’ll get rid of it,” Lockhart said. Instead he just made it angry. Of course he did, what did you expect he isn’t really the sharpest crayon in the box. The snake started slithering towards a boy, I didn’t know him but he’d been talking to Harry.

“Stop,” I whispered to it as Harry commanded, “Leave him alone.”

We all rushed out and Ron explained the whole thing about Parselmouths. He also explained that it was thought to be an evil thing, and that Salazar Slytherin had been one. A lot of people would probably think Harry was his heir now.

The next day Harry and I were in the library when we heard a group of Hufflepuffs talking. One boy was trying to convince the others Harry was the heir of Slytherin.

“I bet that’s why Voldemort attacked him as a baby. He didn’t want another evil wizard to compete with,” He explained.

“What a jerk,” I whispered. Harry went and tried to explain it, but they didn’t listen we left annoyed. We bumped into Hagrid who told us how his roosters were being killed. We talked for a few minutes before we continued. We found Justin, that kid who thought Harry had attacked him, and Nick stunned.

“Attack, Attack,” Peeves yelled and students filtered in. Then Professor McGonagall showed up and dragged the two of us to Dumbledore’s office. How was it we always seemed to walk into these things before anyone else?

**********************************************************************************************************

I'm sorry its late! Athough it is a fairly fast upload. So I'd like ten comments same as last chapter. I made the facebook page, and am going to put it in the external link. A bunch of you thought it was a good idea. It will have sneak previews of the next chapter and if I run competitions for this story that's where they'll be.

So my new question is, Why do you all think Sky can speak Parselmouth? Any ideas? Also how would you all feel about me uploading every other or every third day?

That's all I have to say right now, so vote comment, smile!