Spider Attack: Secret Existence (A HP Fan Fic) (Watty Awards)

The next morning we had Herbology. I didn’t do too well there, but it wasn’t a horrible class. We were pruning some plant. I noticed a path of spiders and showed Harry and Ron. They were of course headed to the worst place to go, the forbidden forest.

“Why couldn’t it be easy? It had to be the forest,” I muttered.

“We’ll go tonight.” Harry muttered.

That night we slipped out of the castle and went to the cabin. We took Fang and left the cloak as we followed spiders.  After a long walk we got to a place with many spiders of varying sizes. When he learned we weren’t Hagrid he ordered our death.

“We’re friend of Hagrid’s,” Harry called trying to keep us alive.

“Hagrid’s never sent men into our hollow before,” He clicked.

I yelled the first thing I thought of, “He’s in trouble. That’s why we’re here.”

“In trouble,” He mused. “But why has he sent you?”

“They think, up at the school, that Hagrid’s been a- a something on the students. They’ve taken him to Azkaban.” Harry said and they all started clicking.

“But that was years ago,” Aragog spoke worried, “Years and years ago. I remember it well. That’s why they made him leave the school. They believed that I was the monster that dwells in what they call the Chamber of Secrets. They thought that Hagrid had opened the Chamber and set me free.”

“And you- you didn’t come from the Chamber of Secrets?” Harry asked, even I could hear the panic.

“I,” He spoke angrily, “I was not born in the castle. I come from a distant land. A traveler gave me to Hagrid when I was an egg. Hagrid was only a boy, but he cared for me, hidden in a cupboard in the castle, feeding me on scraps from the table. Hagrid is a good friend, and a good man. When I was discovered, and blamed for the death of the girl, he protected me. I have lived here in the forest ever since, where Hagrid still visits me. He even found me a wife, Mosag, and you see how our family has grown, all through Hagrid’s goodness.”

“So you never- never attacked anyone?” I double checked. I cursed at my stuttering.

“Never,” He croaked, “It would have been my instinct, but out of respect for Hagrid, I never harmed a human. The body of the girl who was killed was discovered in a bathroom. I never saw any part of the castle but the cupboard in which I grew up. Our kind like the dark and the quiet.”

“But then,” I paused, “Do you know what did kill that girl? Because whatever it is, it’s back and attacking people again.”

Then I was drowned out by clicking, “The thing that lives in the castle,” Aragog started, “Is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others. Well do I remember how I pleaded with Hagrid to let me go when I sensed the beast moving about the school.”

“What is it?” I said urgently.

“We do not speak of it!” Aragog yelled. “We do not name it! I never even told Hagrid the name of that dreadful creature, though he asked me many times.”

“We’ll just go then,” Harry called.

“Go? I think not,” He said.

“But- but,” I stuttered.

“My sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid on my command. But I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst. Good-bye, friend of Hagrid.” He finished and we noticed how many there were. Even as I reached for my wand I knew it was no good. I hoped I could do enough to save my friends when I saw a bright light. The flying car had shown up. We all hurried in and it plowed through the spiders.

“Are you okay?” I asked from the backseat with Fang. Harry nodded and Ron sat stunned. We got out at the edge of the forest and Harry retrieved his cloak as Ron threw up outside.

“Follow the spiders,” Ron sounded weak. “I’ll never forgive Hagrid, we’re lucky to be alive.”

“I bet he thought Aragog wouldn’t hurt friends of his.” I objected.

“That’s exactly Hagrid’s problem!” Ron exclaimed. “He always thinks monsters aren’t as bad as their made out to be and look where it’s got him! A cell in Azkaban!” he was shivering. “What was the point of sending us in there? What have we found out, I’d like to know?”

“That Hagrid never opened the chamber of secrets,” Harry said.

I nodded, “He was innocent.” Ron snorted. “Okay, maybe not perfectly innocent, but he never hurt anyone.” We all slipped under the cloak and headed back into the common room.

“Wait,” I said and the others looked at me. “What did they say about the girl who died?”

“She died in a bathroom.” Ron said.

Harry and I both realized it at once, “Moaning Myrtle!” He said as I exclaimed, “Myrtle.”

“We’ll talk to her about it soon,” I promised

*************************************************************************************************

30 votes and comments, My question is Would you be interested in a sequel? I'm being harrassed so my author's note will be short today. Thank @talongirl401.