The Strangest Book I've Ever Seen: Secret Existence: Watty Awards

“So what do you think?” I asked Hermione after we told her all we knew.

She shrugged looking annoyed, “I think this Tom Riddle figured out who opened the chamber.”

“I figured that too,” I agreed.

“But there’s nothing written in here. I’ve tried every spell I could think of to show it if it was here.” She continued.

I looked at the others equally annoyed, “Someone tried to flush this book. People don’t just do that randomly!”

“Maybe that got rid of the words, like the ink bled out,” Harry offered.

“No that would leave evidence. It matters somehow though. Harry you should keep it.” I told him handing him the book.

He nodded and we all went our separate ways. I went up to my room to see an exhausted Ginny. “You okay?”

“I’m fine,” she said unconvincingly.

I raised an eyebrow, “Yeah right. Seriously what’s wrong?”

“Its nothing,” She shook her head.

“Ginny talk to me,” I pushed.

She snapped, “Leave me alone Sky I’m busy!”

I walked over and flipped over her book so she couldn’t see it. Then I sat down in front of her bed so she had to look at me. “What’s up Ginny, ‘cause you’re gonna tell me.”

“I’m sorry,” She apologized. “I just feel horrible.”

“Why? You’re like my little sis, can I help you?”

“I’m just a bit stressed with school stuff that’s all,” She said looking back at her book and flipping it back over. I took it away and marked the page.

I sat on her bed and hugged her, “You can do it just don’t stress or you’ll end up obsessed and worried about everything like Hermione.”

She burst out laughing, “Thanks Sky. You’re the best.” She returned my hug.

“Nah, I’m just cool,” I shrugged. She laughed and I gave her back her book.

The next day Harry and I were walking when his stuff fell. I bent down to help him siphon the ink out of his things. I picked up the diary, “Harry.” He ignored me, “Harry Potter pay attention.” I snapped. He looked up, “The diary it absorbed the ink or something it’s weird.”

“We’ll look into it later, and ask Hermione what she thinks,” He promised. I looked up briefly to see Ginny staring. I smiled at her and she smiled back distractedly. Then we got Harry’s things and headed to class.

That night we stayed up really late. Hermione thought we should experiment with the book and I agreed. When we were alone I wrote in the book, “Hello.” Then it disappeared.

“Hello,” the fancy script appeared.

“I am Harry Potter and this is Sky,” Harry wrote.

“Hello Harry, Hello Sky. My name is Tom riddle. How did you come by my diary?” It asked.

I looked at Harry and wrote, “Someone tried to flush it down the toilet.” The ink faded away and a new confusing sentence appeared.

“Lucky that I recorded my memory in some way more lasting than ink,” Harry and I glanced at each other, “But I always knew that there would be those who would not want this diary read.”

“What do you mean?” Harry wrote as I whispered it.

Then he started again, “I mean that this diary holds memories of terrible things. Things that were covered up. Things which happened at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.”

“Hermione was right, he knows.” I said.

“That’s where I am now. I’m at Hogwarts and horrible stuff’s been happening. Do you know anything about the chamber of secrets?” Harry scribbled in nearly illegible handwriting.

“Of course I knew about the Chamber of Secrets. In my day, they told us it was a legend, that it did not exist. But this was a lie. In my fifth year, the Chamber was opened and monsters attacked several students, finally killing one. I caught the person who’d opened the chamber and he was expelled. But the headmaster, Professor Dippet, ashamed that such a thing had happened at Hogwarts, forbade me to tell the truth. A story was given out that the girl had died in a freak accident. They gave me a nice, shiny, engraved trophy and warned me to keep my mouth shut. But I knew it could happen again. The monster lived on, and the one who had the power to release it was not imprisoned.” Tom told us.

“Its happening again now,” I told him.  “There have been three attacks and no one seems to know who’s behind them. Who was it last time?”

“I can show you, if you like. You don’t have to take my word for it. I can take you inside my memory of the night when I caught him.” He wrote to us. Harry went to write and I stopped him.

“This is too convenient. What if it’s bad? What is its dark magic?” I asked.

“Let me show you,” Tom wrote again.

“Ok,” Harry wrote and we were pulled into the book. “Where are we?” He asked.

“Hogwarts, fifty years ago,” I whispered.

The memory was dark, scary. I didn’t believe what I saw. He blamed Hagrid, said his pet was the creature. It was too cruel and horrible to even think about. I didn’t think Hagrid could even hurt a fly so that was unbelievable. Hagrid having a giant spider sure, but not that he opened the chamber. When we came out of the memory Ron came in.

“It was Hagrid,” Harry said. “Hagrid opened the chamber of secrets.”

*******************************************************************************************************

So what do you think? I know its kinda short... I'm uploading more tomorrow though! So the competition ends Friday and I"ve only gotten two entries.

So my question today is this: What do you think of me changing the story slightly? I mean not killing certain people, killing others, and of course the relationships. Let me know!

So I've been getting a lot of negative comments on the early parts of this story and I have a second question, should I rewrite the first book and put it in a seperate story group? It would come out after I finish Secret Existence which will be in a few months.

I'd like thirty votes and the same with comments, but I'll upload regardless. Thanks for reading!