0.8

Luke: are you here yet

Nova: I'm in the queue to get my wristband ok

Luke: sweeeeeeet

Luke: don't forget your getting the biggest hug ever

Nova: *you're, and duh

Luke: hug getting considerably smaller...

Nova: ok I'm sorry :-(

Nova: and I'm in

Nova: the queue for the Neck Deep signing is huge holy crap

Suddenly a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind and I scream. The stranger puts me down and I spin around, only to look into the bright blue eyes of a certain Australian guy.

"Luke." I gasp, before throwing my own arms around him. I feel him chuckle as his arms fold around me.

"I'm Robert today, ok?" He mumbles into my hair, and I nod, not trusting my voice.

I hold onto him for what seems like forever, not wanting to let go, and he doesn't seem to want to either. I finally look up at him, at his face, and notice something very different about him.

"Your hair, it's... Brown????" I say, surprised.

"It's only a super temporary thing, it'll wash out after one wash." He grins, and I lose my ability to breathe. I just bury my face into his shirt again, but he awkwardly manages to pull away.

"Didn't you want to see As It Is?" Luke smirks, and I grab my phone to look at the time.

"Crap! Come on!" I worry, but then start laughing. I grab Luke's hand and we start running towards the stage. I can already hear Patty's voice and I'm pretty bummed that I've missed a song or two. But then I remember whose hand I'm currently holding, and all of my worries go out the window.

We stop running once we get to the crowd in front of the stage, and watch as one of my favourite bands go nuts onstage.

Luke doesn't let go of my hand.

I'm singing along to Can't Save Myself when I look up at Luke, only to find him already looking down at me. We both blush slightly, and I look back to the stage. Luke moves closer to me and puts an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side. I glance up at him again, and this time he's watching the band. I continue to look at him for a while, admiring his face, until he smirks.

"Take a photo, it'll last longer." He chuckles before looking at me.

"Maybe I will." Grinning, I slip my phone out of my pocket and point the camera at him, quickly taking a picture. He grabs the phone out of my hands and takes one of me too. Then he reaches out to take a selfie of us together.

"Geez, your arms are so long." I giggle as he presses the screen to take the photo. Then he takes another where he's kissing my cheek. I steal my phone back and put it into my pocket, focusing on the band. They start their final song, 'Dial Tones', and obviously I sing along. I can feel Luke's stare on my cheek but I ignore it.

*****

"YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT, THAT'S NOT THE SHIT IN MY HEAD" Luke and I shout along to St Patrick, enjoying ourselves a lot. We both got drinks as we walked to the main stage, and we've been silly dancing and singing as we watch Pvris.

I look up at Luke, and he looks kind of serious. He grabs my waist and pulls me close.

"Nova, you give me something to think about that's not the shit in my head." He whispers, his warm breath against my face. His eyes close and he presses his forehead against my own. As the band continue to sing in the background, we're sharing an intimate moment as we sing along.

I need a miracle

To bring me back to you, back to you

Ooh I know you're gone now

But I still wait for you, wait for you...

Luke slowly begins to lean in, and I do too. His breath brushes my lips, and suddenly we're pulled apart by two other familiar boys.

"Hey guys!" Luke says begrudgingly, smiling apologetically at me.

"So this is the infamous Nova. It's nice to meet you!" Michael grins, holding a hand out to shake. I smile at him, and grab his hand. He laughs and pulls me into a hug. I sigh gratefully and wrap my arms around him, giving him a tight squeeze. I pull away and grin at him, before turning to Calum.

"Hey, I'm Calum, but I guess you already knew that." He chuckles, and gives me a quick hug aswell.

We spend the day hanging out, seeing different bands, splitting up from the others occasionally to spend some time together alone. We don't really have another chance to kiss, but I don't really mind.

*****

"Are you excited?" Luke asks, as we stand in the crowd at the main stage, waiting for You Me At Six to come on.

"Beyond excited. I've seen them three times before and they're so great." I inform him, and he just chuckles before pulling me into his side. We're stood pretty far back in the crowd, to save Luke, Calum and Michael being recognised, and to simply not get crushed.

The opening chords ring out through the air, and all three of the boys turn to the stage. I smile at how excited they all look, especially Luke.

After about three or four songs, Josh stops the rest of the band playing as his attention is caught by a group of fans trying to tell him that someone is hurt. I glance down at my phone (which I'm amazed still has power) and realise that I have to leave soon.

"Luke, I have to catch my train soon." I tell him, and his excited smile turns into a disappointed frown.

"Really? Already?" He quizzes, and I just nod my head sadly. He turns to the other guys and tells them that he'll be right back. I give Calum and Michael a quick hug, and tell them that I'll see them soon.

Luke reaches down and tangles our fingers together before pulling me away from the crowd. We walk away from the festival grounds until we're stood on the other side of the ticket barriers.

"I'm gonna miss you." He whispers, pressing his forehead against my own.

"I'm gonna miss you too, but hey, I get to see you again in two weeks." I smile, and Luke does too.

"I can't wait." He tells me, and wraps his arms around me tightly, pulling me into his chest. I grin and wind my own arms around him too. We stand there like that for about ten minutes, just holding each other, enjoying the silence.

I look at my phone again, and realise I have to go.

"Luke, I need to go." I frown up at him.

"Okay. I guess I'll see you in two weeks."

"See you in two weeks, loser." I smile cheekily.

"Bye, loser." Luke chuckles, pulling me in once more, looking into my eyes.

"You know, you might have to let go." I smirk.

"But I don't want to." He jokingly pouts. I roll my eyes and turn my head to the side for a couple of seconds.

When I turn my head back, Luke's lips brush against my own.

He pulls away instantly, but doesn't let go.

"Oh my god, I was only going to kiss your cheek, I swear-" I cut him off by pressing my lips against his. He freezes for a few milliseconds before reacting, and kissing me back. Tingles rush through my body, and I instantly wrap my arms around the back of his neck.

After a minute or so, I pull away reluctantly, before reaching down and intertwining our fingers together.

"I'll see you at Wembley, Lucas."

"See you at Wembley, Nova." He sighs, and finally, I start to walk away.