Chapter Nine

Luke and I are on the highway heading to his family's cabin. I feel bad about lying to my mom, we are so close and I don't want to ruin that. But one little lie can't hurt. I won't let thoughts of mom, Christian, or anything distract me from my time with Luke. I told mom hot to get there with the map that Luke gave me so she won't worry so much.

Luke... He's smiling but seems tense as he drives...

He's wonderful. No, beyond wonderful. I never knew one person could be so great. It's like he knows exactly what I want. I'm so glad he's all mine. Despite my feelings for Christian that will probably always be there because of that one night, I should have to thank him for introducing me to him. I probably would've met him sooner or later, but let's face it, now is better than later. Anyways, I really have to thank him. That is if I'll ever see him again. Ever since that afternoon when Austin and Christian saw me half nude, he hasn't talked to me. I honestly miss him. It's so easy to talk to him, it's like we've already been friends before. The night he took my virginity, just felt so right. Weird, I know. Being with Christian feels right. We don't even have to talk, as long as we're together. Why am I talking about him that way? He's my friend, yet I'm talking about him as if we're a couple, which we are not. I have a boyfriend, Luke, the perfect guy, my perfect guy. Wait, did I just say that? Hmm sounds nice. My Luke, my boyfriend.

"Babe, you okay?" He asks glancing over at me.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I was just lost in thought is all."

"I can tell, since you haven't noticed that we're here." Shocked, I sit up straighter and look around to see woods surrounding us. There is a little two-story cabin. I must have been zoned out for a while.

"So, what do you want to do first?" I ask, excitement getting the adrenaline going.

"I was thinking of unpacking first. Then, if you're up for it, we can jump off the waterfall that's a few miles back."

"Waterfall?!" I bite my lip, God I must look really pathetic. What person gets ecstatic over a waterfall?

"Yeah, it's a cliff with water rushing off of it. It has a fifteen to twenty foot drop, sometimes more." He states, teasing me. I roll my eyes.

"I know what a waterfall is, stupid. I just didn't think there'd be one here." I defend.

"Sure." He jokes, dragging it out.

"I'm not an idiot Luke." I say crossing my arms, he laughs again.

"C'mon babe." He says while getting out of his car. He hands me my bag before heading towards the cabin. I thought he would carry it for me, but whatever.

****************************************

Christian P.O.V.

Anastasia. I can't seem to get her out of my thoughts. Like now, my mom is making Austin and I go clothes shopping with her. Why you ask? Well let's just say, Austin with a lighter by my closet full of clothes, doesn't have a pretty ending. I was just looking at my shirt that Ana had used the night we had sex. It's been over a week since we last spoken. I miss her. I can't make myself talk to her, especially when Elena has been getting suspicious about my whereabouts. I've gone to Ana's house; I can't even man up and knock on the door, but the times I did, she was out with Luke. I even sulked around her shed like I was guilty of something. I can't believe Luke. Why is he going after her? That's another reason why I haven't made that much of an effort to socialize with Ana, Luke is almost always with her. Those two spend so much time together, which led me to start believing that he's changed. Then again, it's Luke. I can't shake the feeling that something bad is about to happen. Why am I being such a pussy about this? Why am I even concerned what he does with her? Maybe it's because I took her virginity. Doubt it though. We are friends, we even agreed to be just friends, but Luke has preyed on her. It probably could be that I took her virginity. Yeah, that has to be it. Maybe... Seriously just man up Christian! I like Anastasia Rose Steele. There, I admitted it. Fuck Elena. I'm just her sex toy, but Elena has taught me things that I've grown to be accustomed to. I don't know if Ana would like what I have in mind.