Chapter 9

_______________ 

[RECAP]

I open the envelope to find a note inside.

"Hey pretty boy! Guess who? Yes it's Justine! Just letting you know that i've beeb watching you. I'm not too happy about this girl being around you. Just letting you know I'm going to be stopping by today. I miss you and I want to see you soon. Love Jj"

"Oh fuck!" I can't let Ian be here if Justine comes. I just can't. 

________________

Who does she think she even is? She can't just come back like nothing after seven months. I don't care who she is.

"Pick up, pick up." I say to myself as I called Amber for the fourteenth time. I hang up.

I grab Ian not wanting to leave him alone in the living. I walk as quickly as possible to my room. I set Ian on the bed and shut the curtains. I walk to my closet and grab the big, puffy jacket that my Mom had given to me for when I would ride up to the mountains.

I pull on the baby carrier and strap Ian in. I pull the jacket over me not zipping it up. I walk into the kitchen and stuff some bottles and food into the baby bag. I walk to the living room and put some toys inside too. I put the baby bag under my shirt to hold it there. I zip up my jacket just enough to cover Ian and give him enough room to breathe. Thank God the Jacket was big.

I start walking out grabbing my keys on my way out. I make my way down the hallway

I knock on Casey's door and someone finally answers.

"Yes?" A guy in only boxers answers the door. It was Dr. Wright. Casey's his girlfriend the one he was talking to about their plans for tonight. Crap there goes the last person that could help me.

"I'm sorry i have the wrong place." I say starting to walk away.

"Wait are you looking for my sister Casey?" He asks. 

Sister? "Actually yes."

"Come on in." He says motioning me in. "Have we met before? You seem familiar." He asks.

"Yeah my sister's boyfriend was at the hospital yesterday. He had gotten stabbed." I say.

"That's right, Andrew. I thought he was your brother?" He asks. Shit I forgot about my lie.

"We see each other as brother."

"I see." We walk into the living room. "I'll go get her for you. You can go ahead and sit down. He motions to the couches.

"Thanks." He walks into what i'm guessing was the hallway. I unzip my jacket taking out the baby bag from under my shirt.

"Logan I told you never to come here again!" Casey walks in yelling. She starts to turn really red of embarrassment.

"Got you" Dr. Wright says walking past the hallway laughing.

"I hate you Dean." She yells after him. "I'm sorry. My brother can be a big pain in the ass sometimes."

"It's fine." I smile "I was like that with my sister too."

"Jerk" She teases and I smile. "So what's up?"

"I actually came to ask a huge favor from you."

"Is something wrong?" She says sitting next to me.

"Yes."

"Well I'm more than happy to help with anything."

"I know this is on short notice but I can't get a hold of my sister and someone I really don't trust is coming over to my house and I can't have Ian there. She might hurt him and I seriously don't know how I'll react to it and I don't want to do something that will get Ian taking away from me." I say freaking out.

"Calm down." She says putting her hand on my knee making me feel a whole lot better. "I love kids I'll take care of Ian I promise."

"Thank you so much."

"No problem."

"I didn't know if you'd agree or not but I brought his baby bag just in case. I packed some prepared baby bottles and food in here. There's some of his favorite toys. Some teething rings. If he gets fussy there's some baby Tylenol that will help. It's just that he's teething and it hurts him. Oh and if he does get fussy and the teething rings don't help my iPod is in here too. There's a playlist called 'Ian's favorite songs' they help him calm down and relax and usually fall asleep. Oh but please don't put the ear buds in his ears. There's a built in speaker. Before I forget if you can, can you put his bottle in the microwave for about ten to fifteen seconds. He likes his milk a bit warm. Oh and there's no need to bathe him. I did put his pajamas just in case he gets dirty for some reason. I'm sorry it's at short notice but I just couldn't think of anyone else to help me."

"Its fine don't worry."

"Oh wait didn't you have something planned today? You said something about tonight at the store."

"It was an engagement dinner but it's over already."

"Oh ok

"Does he have a certain nap time?"

"Not really. He only had one nap today and that was about five six hours ago. If he does fall asleep he won't wake up until tomorrow morning."

"Ok."

"If you go out you think you can keep Ian in here. For his safety. Now that i think about it you should stay inside too."

"Me? Why?"

"Its a long story. Just please what ever you do don't go outside."

"Ok?" She said giving me a weird look.

"I'm really sorry about this I don't mean to just hand this over to you with out notice I should try calling my sister again." I say taking out my phone. I feel guitly for bringing her into this.

"No it's fine trust me. I had no plans today. I was actually going to go take you some dinner." She says blushing.

"Thanks but I think I've got enough hot pockets to last for awhile." I smile at her. She laughs thinking it ws a joke.

"I'll come over as soon as she leaves."

"Ok"

"Thanks a lot again."

"No problem at all." She says. I stand up and unbuckle Ian handing him over to Casey.

"Dada" He says as she takes him into her arms.

"I'll be back as soon as she leaves I promise Ian." I say kissing his forehead. Casey walks me over to the door and I quickly get out making sure no one was around.

I was paranoid. Justine was crazy and that's all I knew.

I quickly run back to my apartment and run into my room putting the jacket away and pulling on my black hoodie.

I walk back out to the living room and sit down on the couch to watch TV to wait for her.

Just as the show I was watching finshed I heard the knock telling me she was here.

'Just say calm' I kept telling myself the whole time. I open the door and Justine quickly walks in hugging me. I don't hug back.

"What's wrong big boy?" She says pulling away. I don't maybe you leaving your new born in the hospital the day he was born!

_________________

I know it's kind of short but I'm about to go somewhere and I wanted to upload. At least you know who Justine is now. and if you don't Well she's Ian's mom. You'll find out all about what happened between Eric and Her and Ian later in the story.