Chapter 16

Sorry about not uploading.  I have had no motivation at all until recently.  A lot has happened in the past, but I'm starting a new chapter in my life and point being I'm starting to write again.

-tere93

_______________________________

This Chapter is probably going to be one of the more shorter ones as I am just easing into the story now.  Like I said it's a little short but I hope you enjoy it.

_______________________________

She would not hurt them. They have to be wrong. This is all a mistake. Justine could not really be involved in all these things that these people are saying. Casey. Justine knew she was an agent. I only ever saw Casey at the coffee shop.

"Boss you're going to want to see this." I hear someone say behind me. I follow the man in the suit to where the other guy in glasses had pointed at.

"Son of a bitch." The man in the suit yells.

Right in between two frames was a small cube with a tiny lens. "What is it?" I ask.

"It's a camera. The guy in glasses answers.

"This is how she kept tabs on you. I told agent Moore not to make any friendly visits even if she was off duty. The task was easy. No one would have gotten hurt. But now things have changed." The man in the suit shook his head. "Okay. We have to step our game up to two hundred. I need you all to work twice as hard to find Agent Moore." He goes on to give people something to do. He told me in specific that I was to not do anything. They would take care of it all.

I did not listen to him. I shook my head and grabbed my keys. I then left with Ian to my parents' house. I had to make sure they were okay. I could hear the man screaming something at me from behind but I toned him out and hurried to my car. I heard someone running after me. I quickly turn around to see. It was the girl agent.

"Look mam, I'm not going to stop what I'm doing. You people have your own priorities and I have my own. My family and a friend are in danger and I must take care of them." I state.

I am not going to lie I was upset at Casey. She lied to me and led me on thinking we were really friends and that she actually liked me. I let her into my home and my life. It was all a job to her though. But at the end of the day I still had to protect her in any way I could.

The agent just stares at me and nods her head in understandment. "I understand sir. I do not agree with the way that the boss is trying to go about things either. You can count on me to support you. Do not worry about my boss I think I can get him to understand and let us work this out in a reasonable manner."

"Thank you." I said gratefully. I knew how Justine is and I do not want to do anything to upset her especially if she is what these people say she is. "I'm just going to go check on my family." I state.

"I'll follow behind." She said and I nod at her.

We both make our way to the cars. She follows me all the way to my parents' house. The cars are still there. I park in front of the house and quickly get out and grab Ian and jog to the house. I knock on the door but no one answers. I knock again and still no answer. I go down the steps and grab the acorn at the bottom and pull it out of the ground. Attached to the acorn is a little medicine bottle with a spare key. I go back up the stairs and open the door.

My dad was not at his usual spot on the recliner in front of the television. I hear the agent come inside the house.

"Anyone here?" She asks me. I shake my head and hear footsteps upstairs. She puts her finger to her mouth telling me to shush. She pulls out her gun and slowly starts waking towards the stairs. Being slow and quiet I follow behind her. Not wanting to put Ian in any danger, I turn sideways and keep him out of sight. We make it upstairs. There is more noise coming from the room. "Stay here." The agent orders. I obey her. I was regretting bringing Ian along. He should not be in this kind of danger. I do not know what I was thinking.

She walks towards my parents' room and opens the door pointing the gun inside. I hear my mom screaming and the agent turns a bright red before closing the door. She does not say anything. A minute later my mom walks out in a robe and my dad walks out in just boxers.

My mother makes eye contact with me. "What the hell is going on Eric!" she yells.

"I was coming over to check that you were all okay mom." I said.

"Why in the hell would anything be wrong?" She asks getting more and more annoyed by the second.

"Let me explain." The agent finally speaks. "My name is Agent Ross. First off I want to apologize for disrupting. I work for the FBI. One of our Agents has been kidnapped and we have evidence to believe it was Justine. We had to come here to make sure she had not gotten here before us. Our job is to protect as many people as we possibly can. The longer Justine is out there the less chance we have of protecting you and your family." My parents look confused but nod their heads. "You might want to get changed. We had a house set up where you and your family will be able to stay at in the meantime. You might want to go change real quick and pack a suit case or two." Agent Ross orders. My parents nod their heads again and go back to their room. Fifteen minutes later they both come out fully dressed and with two suitcases.

"Mom where is Amber?" I ask. I had gone around the house looking for her but she was not here.

"She left earlier. She said she would be back in ten minutes but she probably ended up going to that boy's house." My mom shrugs.

"You mean Andrew's house?" I ask.

"Yes that boy." She answers. I call Amber to see where she is at but all my calls get sent to voicemail. I call Andrew and he answers but tells me that he had not heard from her in a couple of hours and figured she had taken a nap. I hang up telling him not to worry.

I look at Agent Ross and shake my head. She sighs and opens up her phone dialing someone.

"Sir we have reason to believe she might have taken one of the family members...Yes I'll take them straight there...No problem."

_______________________________

Hope you enjoyed it! Please don't forget to Comment Vote and Fan!

Thanks for having so much patience with me and waiting for me to upload.