Chapter 7

ESHA POV

"HI BEAUTIFUL" i abruptly turned to the source of voice.

"Marium?" I whispered 

"YES BABY, I AM BACK" she yelped with joy and engulf me in a bone-crash hug.

"When did you return? And where are you staying?" I asked pulling.

"For a time being I'm staying at Hotel but finally I'm going HOME" she said stretching her hands. 

"By the way how's aunty, I tried calling at your landline but nobody answered?" she asked entering the house.

"Go, freshen up first" I said calmly and moved towards the kitchen but she pulled me back.

"Wait,  what is it? What happen, why you sounded so down, is everyone okay?" she look down at me.

"Marium, I told you, go wash-up yourself and we'll talk after eating, I'm starving" I said jerk her hand.

"Fine, but you better spit out every single word or you know me..." she said and ascended up.

About marium, she's my foster elde sister, my father adopted her when her parents passed out in an accident, she was daughter of my father's boss. He was owner of famous Pakistani Entertainment channel and her mom was an actor. But both died in car crash and Marium left all alone so my father came forward  and brought her with us. She was only 14 and so much had happened, it took her so long to recover from this trauma but she was strong. She studied in Pakista, get her film making degree and took hold of her dad's firm and now she is the CEO. One from few Pakistan renowned women entrepreneur. Dad tried to convince her to come with when we were shifting to Canada but she refused, there's not a single country she haven't visited but for past couple of years she haven't been in contact with us.

"So what is it?" after dinner I took her to mom's room. Earlier I lied to her that mom and kids were invited at neighbor's home.

"Marium, mom le...left us" my voice broke.

"Where?" she asked chaotically. And I stayed silent.

"Where Esha I asked you something" she twitched me holding my arm.

"an about a year ago, it all happened so quick that even I couldn't understand what had happened-" and then I told her all of it and soon once again silence turned into screams and tears.

"Why were you not there Marium, I missed you, I needed you... I needed you so badly back then,.lf" she was silent. She was deep in thoughts she didn't utter a single word just tears.

"I even tried...to end my lif-" my word couldn't left completely when room echoed with a loud bang and I felt sharp pain at my left cheek.

"YOU DID WHAT?" she was shooting me dead glare, her eyes were red with rage or regret what name I put to her condition even I was not sure about.

"Marium, trust me, I was so depressed, first dad then mom, it all happened too fast I just recovered from dad's death's trauma when mom passed away and then there were not a single way to contact you I was.... I was lost" I broke into tears and then we cried for hours.

"Take some rest, I don't want Alishba and Saad to see you like this, let's meet in the morning." I said leaving the room and left her to spend some alone time in mom's room. 

She was mom's favorite, it wasn't like mom loved her more than any of us but mom wanted to make her feel like home. And she always treated her like she used to treat her own mother. 

I woke up by the voice of people chattering and the sound was coming from the kitchen. I followed and everyone was there eating their breakfast and alishba was on Marium's lap whereas saad was leaning on her arm. I smiled to that sight and stepped in.