Chapter 16

ALI'S POV
Tonight was hell fun 'with esha' my inner voice teased shut up i replied to myself.

I took off my jacket when something fell off it. It was a ring.. Esha's ring. Is she married? Or engaged? I kept questioning myself and the most optimistic answer I could give myself was settled on It might be of her mother. But I better find out soon!

I woke up at 11:30, quite late but after yesterday night even that late felt so early I quickly get ready and when I was about to leave my eyes fell on that ring that I put on my bedside table. Even when I wasn't ready for the answer i grab it and slide it in my jeans pocket.

"AsSalamu Alaikum" i greeted everyone entering the dinning room "Walaikum AsSalam" uncle, Aunty and girls greet back.
My eyes met with esha and she wasn't mentally present as I could tell just by the look she gave me. Ignoring her I sat on one of the chair.

"Girls ready for a couple dance practice" i asked munching my last bite.
"Yup" Aniya, Alizeh and Mariyum said in unison
"esha?" Mariyum shook her "huuh?" she looked at her coming out of her trance.

"You'll find it yr, you must have put it somewhere and you might forgotten, I'll help you find it" Mariyum whisperd but I was seated just opposite to her so i heard that.

"I'm done" Sabina said
"Me too" waqas
"Ok then we four taking one of the car and you all meet at ali's place" Aniya said

"Ook boss" i said and they left "Ali let's go we better leave now" Alizeh said after 15 minutes.

"Ok let me check Saad and Alishba once" esha said leaving the dining room.

"Umm... Mariyum can I have a word" i said leaving to lawn, she followed me

"what happened?" she said "umm, is that esha's?" i said helding my hand

"Where did you find that?" she yell and held her hand to grab it but I was quick to get my hand away before she take it.

"first tell me what does it mean to her? It is a relic that belongs to her mother or..." I sigh "or something I'm afraid of?." i asked

She couldn't answer me back.
"please tell me" i pleaded
"i can't tell y-" another familiar voice cut me

"I'll give you the answer" esha walk in.
And I know my greatest fear is before me all set to relish my life.

"Even if you wouldn't have found my ring and discovered it on your own. I was planning on taking to you related to this matter.. About Us!" she took few steps towards me and held my hand.
"Ali I never had any such feelings for you not today neither in past. It was always a friendship. Good... Actually we used to be a best friends sharing all secrets, grieves and happiness. It was nothing else from my side at least."

"That's not an answer to my question" I managed to speak even when I was having mixed emotions towards her statement.

"I was coming that way too..
So answer to your question is no... " which brought a big smile to my face but little did I know that my world is going to crumble in another second.
"No that's not my mother's relic but I'm engaged. I got engaged before coming back to Pakistan"

I jerk off her hand and looked at her ring.
"Ali, listen to me. You deserve all the happiness just that is not with me. There is someone who loves you wholeheartedly and waiting for you to look at her not me." esha took a few more steps towards me.

"Esha leave I've listened enough now that's not you to decide just leave before I regret doing something" I tried to stay as calm as I could but staying sane was quite difficult when you've loved someone for your entire life and then they rejects you.