Chapter 8

I was lying on my bed, looking at the ceiling and recalling the day and the last part 'my esha' it was so confusing and suddenly I realize he was injured.

i quickly look for my phone but stopped at doorbell sound.

I mentally thought who it would be, this late? I ran downstairs and near to the door. He may my heard my footsteps so as i went near he quickly spoke up.

"Esha it's me" he said from other side of the door. Oh it's him, but this late.. Why.... and opened the door.

"at this hour? Is everything o-" he cut me off

"you forgot your phone in my car" he held his hand i took my phone "Thank you, but you don't need to come all the way back, I you could have given it tomorrow at the office" i said casually

"i just thought you might get worried-" a loud thunder cut him and heavy rain started.

"O my God, come inside" nonchalantly i hold his hand and pull him in the house.
"Sorry" i mumbled  realizing I was holding his hand and he was looking at my hand.

"uuum.. It's fine, and thanks for inviting me in and saving from getting drenched" he said taking off his coat.

"Oh your hand, it is still bleeding, you should've stopped by the hospital" i said and moved towards kitchen cabinet.

"have a seat, let me dress it" i gesture him to sit meanwhile I took out first-aid kit from the cabinet"

I felt hi gaze on my every move, but I shushed the thought and sat opposite to him.

I dressed his hand and when I was about to close the box my eyes landed to his forehead.

"Oh there's also a scar, may I?" i asked. The way he lean forward with his sexy grin gave tingling in pit of my stomach.

I apply ointment but his gaze weren't leaving my face for a mere second. Saying that there was butterflies in my stomach won't be a surprise because I could feel whole zoo dancing in it.

"Done" I whispered. But none of us were ready to lean back.

His fingers gently pulled back a hair strand and then his hand rested on my neck.

"Thank you" he whispered, and when I opened my mouth to say something, someone cleared a throat from behind, we quickly back off.

Quickly I stood up "Aah... Marium... I'll put it back" i said hesitantly and rush towards kitchen.

"i should leave" i heard Sami saying and felt his foot heavy footsteps going towards the door.

"wait but it's raining, you should stay, it won't be safe" marium said

"Yes right, also I've read on novels mostly tragedies happens when hero left her heroin's place hurriedly, after romantic moment or a fight" i said to no one in particular while standing near the kitchen door.

"eehm romantic?" marium teased to which I gave her deadly glare.

From a corner of an eye, I could see sami trying to hold back her laughter. "and what are YOU laughing at?"

"ahheem" he cleared his throat and after a pause continued "nothing, just you're fantasy world is funny... And cute" he whispered last part.

"sami c'mmon stay yaar (buddy) it's raining outside and also it's late. You're person of 21st century call your mom and inform her you're sleeping over at you're friend's place because of rain"

Mariyum tried to convince him "naah it's ok she might got worried so...I should go" he said and went towards door he open door and again loud thunder bangs our ears.

"i think staying would be better option"

"that's what both of us said, anyhow, esha show your boss a room, I'm off to bed, see you on a breakfast"

Mariyum said yawning and went to her room.

"but you've just woke up?" I ran behind her.

"Said who?"

. "aah...I was talking... To someone... At that time.....not sleeping" Mariyum said moving her hands up in the air and watch both of us for a minute and went straight to her room.

"Ignore her, come I'll show you your room for tonight" i turned to sami gesturing him to follow me.

"Guests room need some time to clean up because I haven't expected any guest so you can stay here, it's my room, I'll stay in my sibling room, right next door, let me know if you need something" i turned to leave.

"ooh electricity, may be due to heavy rain, I'll be back" i took a step towards bed side table where i usually put my phone but something strides and fell right on him.

"Careful" he shouted and hold my hand but thankfully electricity came back in no time.

'deja vu, baby?' recalling kitchen scene.

"Sorry" I said taking step back.

"So it's back, then make yourself comfortable.... good night" i said and he nodded.

I woke up with my Azan alarm as I set it for Fajar timing i stood rubbing my eyes and perform ablution and then offer Salah, i wasn't feeling sleepy so i recite Quran.

I then checked clock and it was only 5 in the morning and still have some time to sleep but before that I want some water i silently went downstairs without disturbing anyone.

I open refrigerator grab a bottle and pour some water in a glass i drink it and turn "You woke up this earl-" he didn't even completed his sentence because i had split all of the water at his face.

"shit! Sami you scared hell out of me" i said putting my hand to my heart.

He looked at me with anger and shock and pulled me close pinning me to him.
My heart skip a beat.

He took my scarf and wipe his face still looking straight into my eyes.

This time he was so close, i mean very very close, i couldn't breath and was just looking at his face.

For the first time I felt scared of him. His one hand was wrapped around my waist and from other he wipe his face and then his neck. I could see unusual fire in his eyes boring holes in my soul.

We stood there for good 10 seconds when he left my waist and left without turning back.

To be honest I missed his warmth. His breath and feel of his hand.

I shook my thoughts aside and went to my room agian. When I was about to sleep I heard engine roared and from window I saw him leaving. I frowned but I felt my eyes heavy so I came back to my bed and slept.

Sweet Connection (Completed) *Major Editing*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें