Chapter 4

Jason's POV:

I watched the new girl take Hazel out to the lake. She really was cute, though I wondered who she was. How did she get here? Is she another child of Poseidon? Percy would be glad to have another sibling. Speaking of which, where was he? I was broken from my thoughts when Piper smiled mischievously at me. "Did I hear you volunteered to have a makeover?" I paled. "No-you heard her wrong-she didn't mean that..." I looked at Leo and Frank for backup. They shrugged. "Great! I'm so glad everyone's agreed here. Annabeth, you go get the others, while I get started on these guys." She said, jabbing a thumb at us. "Sweetheart, you are the love of my life-" Piper looked over and raised and eyebrow at me. "Yes?" She interrupted. "Never mind." I muttered, and saw Leo trying (and failing) to stifle a laugh. "Nice try, Superman." He said. I shrugged. "Umm... What exactly is going on here?" Frank asked. "The Aphrodite Cabin is going to torture us with make-up and dresses." Leo answered. Frank paled. "It's okay, big guy." I said, patting his back. He just gulped.

We came out after what felt like a million years later looking totally different. (A/N: I totally suck at descriptions so just imagine them however you want to. Okay? Great. Thanks) We walked back to the lake and saw Hazel, Nico and the new girl doubled over in laughter. Okay, not so much Nico or Hazel. Nico had a small smile, and Hazel was hiding laugher behind her hand. Though she did have a big smile. The new girl was doubled over in laugher rolling on the sand, wiping her eyes. "Oh my gods... you guys look..." She didn't get to finish before she doubled over in laughter again. We scowled at her. "Gee, thanks a lot for your help back there!" I said, my voice dripping in sarcasm. "I'm so sorry Frank, I was going to but..." Hazel let the sentence hang, and giggled. Piper came out, with Annabeth following, looking satisfied with herself. All of the boys with the makeover took an involuntary step back. 

"It's alright guys, we're finished with makeovers for the day." The new girl heaved a big sigh of relief, but paled at Piper's next words. "Don't worry, you're next!" She said sweetly. Leo and I laughed. "I have to see this!" He said. She scowled at him and I laughed even harder. "That was fun, but who's ready for lunch?" Annabeth asked. "ME!!" The new girl jumped up, spraying sand all over the place. "Okay! Okay. Calm down." She replied, a smile on her face. "You know me too well, Wise Girl." The new girl replied, bumping her shoulder affectionately. The boys stopped laughing and looked at each other. The new girl noticed. "What?" She asked. Frank and Leo pushed me forward, and I turned to look back at them. "Gee, thanks guys." I said sarcastically. Leo flashed a lopsided grin, "What are friends for, Superman?" He asked. I sighed. 

"Only Percy calls her that, so I would advise you not to call her 'Wise Girl' around him." I saw a question on her lips and I continued before she could ask it, "SPEAKING of which, where is he?" I looked at the guys, "have any of you seen him?" They shook their heads. I thought I saw the three girls exchange a look, but I forgot about when Leo spoke next. "Though I thought I heard a scream from the Poseidon cabin this morning." "We should check." I said authoritatively. We started to the cabin when the new girl interrupted. "I heard that he went to see his dad." She said. I nodded. "Alright then, he's fine." The three girls exchanged another look. "Anyway, I'm hungry!"

Perci's POV:

On the way to lunch, I fell back to walk with the guys. "Hey." Jason said. "Hey." I replied. "Where did you hear that Percy was going to see his dad?" He asked. I gulped. I figured that this would be the start of a lot more questions. "Oh, I um... saw him on the way to Camp Half-Blood." I said. He nodded thoughtfully. "He told me to tell you guys that he was going to his dad's place." "Alright then. What do you think of him?" Jason asked. Piper and Annabeth exchanged a quick look with me. I glared at them. "Oh.. um... he's nice." I choked out. Piper shook her head at me, like she was disappointed. I glared at her again. "Oh?" Jason asked. "Yeah, we talked a little before he left." I explained. "Did you know that he defeated Kronos and was one of the seven to defeat Gaia?" He asked me. "Well, I wouldn't put it past him. He was that awesome." I said. Jason raised his eyebrow. "He also talked about his annoying friend that asked too many questions." I added, and I heard some stifled chuckles behind me. "Oh." Jason blushed. That's weird, if I were still a guy and said that, he wouldn't have done that. Probably retaliated. 

"I was just wondering because you seem... a lot like him." I raised my eyebrow. "You... well... look a lot like him, and you also seem to have his powers over water. Also, you're like him personality-wise." I chuckled. "I feel honored that you would compare me to a person as awesome as he is." I said. He smiled. "See? That just proves my point." I grinned. "Well, it's true. He's just that awesome." I saw suspicion form in Jason's eyes. "Do you... do you like him?" Jason asked. Piper smiled at me, and shot me a look. I couldn't say anything, since this conversation felt really awkward. Seriously. Imagine talking to someone else, and saying that you like yourself. That would be really weird. "Um..." I mumbled. Leo came up from behind Jason. "You know he has a girlfriend, right Annabeth?" He said, smiling cheekily. Annabeth turned. "Yes, Leo?" She asked impatiently. "Water girl here," he started, pointing a thumb at me. "may or may not have a crush on your boyfriend." I punched his arm. "What the Hades, Leo?" I asked angrily. I saw the corners of Annabeth's mouth turn up at my reaction. I knew she was trying not to smile. "What?" She said to me. "I don't know what he's saying." I said angrily. She turned equally angrily and started talking to Piper. Piper winked at me when no one was looking. I scowled. 

"I am so going to tell Percy when he gets back." Leo said, jokingly. My cheeks heated up in embarrassment. Why did I agree to do this? "Ha! I was right!" Leo said, and dropped back. I looked at him angrily. "In your dreams, Leo." I said. He gave me a cocky smile. "Ignore him." Jason said, directing my attention to him. I stuck my tongue out at him and turned back to Jason. I smiled at the look of shock on Leo's face. "So..." Jason began awkwardly. By this time, we'd arrived at the dining hall. "See ya!" I waved to the others as I headed to the Poseidon table. As I scraped my food in the fireplace, I made the usual offering. To my dad, Poseidon. And... to Aphrodite, so I can turn back soon. This is really awkward. I walked back and sat down on my table. I got a few looks from the others and heard whispers asking who I was and what I was doing on the Poseidon table. I ignored them and continued eating. Chiron didn't say anything, since he knew who I was. 

After lunch, I joined the guys, since the girls weren't there yet. "What were you doing at the Poseidon table?" Jason asked when I joined them. Leo stuck his tongue out from behind him. I scowled and made a face. "Huh?" Jason said, and I realized that he thought the face was for him. "Um..." I stammered, not sure how to tell him I wasn't talking to him. Leo was laughing silently behind him. "It was Leo." I said, pointing to him like a toddler. Jason turned to Leo who was caught in the act of mid-laughter. I stuck my tongue out at Leo. "Um... Jason?" Jason looked up at Frank. "I wouldn't get in the middle of them. They keep making faces at each other like an old married couple." Jason stepped away, and chuckled while Leo and I blushed. The girls arrived just at that time. 

"Hey guys, what's wrong with them?" Piper asked, jerking a thumb at Leo and I. Jason explained, and Leo stuck out his tongue. I did the same. I heard Piper clear her throat, and saw everyone looking at us. I scowled at Leo. "What?" He asked innocently. "So... what are we going to do now?" Annabeth asked. "Ooh! Oooh! I have an idea!" Leo said, jumping around with his hand up like a kindergartner. "Yes?" Annabeth asked in a bored voice. "We should play Truth or Dare!" Leo exclaimed, and the boys immediately agreed. "Yes!" I exclaimed, while pumping a fist in the air. The girls looked at each other and rolled their eyes. "Fine." Annabeth said, "we'll go to the Zeus cabin." We joked around on the way there.