Chapter 21

Perci's POV:

"That would be your friends. Good luck, hero." The Seine said. He looked about 60 years old, with a dark black beard and muddy brown eyes. "Wait! What do you mean?" I asked as he disappeared. "You should probably stop your friends before they kill each other." He said before he faded completely. I looked up, and made my way to the surface of the river. I burst out of the river, and what I saw astounded me. Jason and Nico were locked in combat, storm winds whipping the air and lightning flashing. There were dark black rocks sprouting from the ground along with the dead. Leo was hopelessly trying to stop them, but it was no use. 

"STOP!!" I roared, the river swirling around me and knocking down the two boys. They landed on the ground safely, and I dropped down next to them. "WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?!" I roared at them, dimly aware of the mortals gathering at the river to watch the commotion. Both of them looked like deer in headlights, but I didn't care. "Well?" I said, looking between the two boys. I rolled my eyes and turned to Leo. "What was all this about?" I said, anger evident in my voice. Leo explained to me that Jason and Nico had started arguing about what the Graces said to them, then about their parents. No matter what he said, they wouldn't stop arguing. Then it became a full-blown fight, with their powers and everything. 

I turned to the two boys, who were looking sheepish. "I LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR FIVE MINUTES, AND YOU GO AHEAD AND DESTROY HALF OF PARIS?!?! DO I HAVE TO BABYSIT YOU, NOW?! DO I?" I added when I didn't get an answer. The boys were looking around, as if only just realising the extent of their damage. There were random rocks sprouting everywhere, and some fences were crumbling. Flowers had fallen from their perches, and flower pots had broken, spilling soil everywhere. Where we were standing was slick with water (oops) with various cracks in the floor. There was the odd bone and piece of flesh, all that remained of the dead summoned by Nico. The storm clouds were going away, so the sun was shining again. Not that it ever stopped.

They each had guilty looks on their faces. They concentrated, and the wind bustled around, trying to fix most of the damage. Rocks sunk back into the ground, and cracks sealed again. I nodded, satisfied once the boys were done. It was uncanny how they both acted at the same time. When they opened their eyes, their shoulders sagged. They each looked like they hadn't slept for days.

I looked to Leo and rolled my eyes. "If it were my choice, I would leave them like that. They deserve it for being babies." I said, and Leo snickered. "Hey!" Jason said half-heartedly, before being interrupted by a yawn. Leo and I had to lean on each other for support because of how hard we were laughing. Okay, so maybe it wasn't that funny, but we're demigods on a mission. We need to laugh once and a while! I felt better already, though I was still mad about how those two decided to use their powers in public. 

Once we stopped laughing, I gave Nico and Jason each an ambrosia square. They ate it, and immediately they looked less tired. "Okay, so what's the plan?" Jason asked, walking back to the river-side café. We figured that we could talk there, since all the mortals were staring at us and we didn't really want to be caught in the middle of a "crime-scene." I sat down and shrugged, watching the others sit down as well. 

"First off, what did the River Seine say to you?" Nico asked, and all the boys turned their gaze to me. I just shrugged helplessly. "He really only said to go where love is. Though I'm not sure if it's a capitol 'L' like Love or just love." I said. The guys looked disappointed at the information, and I felt bad for letting them down. Then Leo took on a thoughtful expression, and pulled out his map. "Well, maybe places love would be strongest are romantic places. Since, you know, they're romantic and everything." He said, and we looked at him. I'm pretty sure my mouth was hanging open. "What?" He asked when he noticed us staring. 

"Did Leo say something... smart?" I said, turning to Jason with a baffled look on my face. Nico snickered, and Jason tried to hide a smile. Leo just looked offended. "What? I can think of a genius idea every once and a while!" He said, and Nico snorted. "I can!" He said, sounding like a pouty kid. "Okay, Leo, just calm down." I said in a fake motherly voice while patting the top of his black curls. "You ruined my hair!" He said when the curls bounced up again. "Oops?" I said. Jason cleared his throat, and we turned to attention. "Leo had a good idea. We should probably split up and see if we can cover as much area as we can." He started, and we all nodded seriously. "I'd say it's about... 8:30 now. We can meet back here at 12, then report our progress." "How will we tell the time?" Leo asked, and I nodded. I'd been wondering the same thing. 

"Just look at any clocks you can. Ask people the time if you need to! We'll wait here for 15 minutes, have lunch. If you aren't back by then, then we'll assume you're in danger." He said, and gestured Leo for his map. He obliged, and we spread it out on the table. "Okay. So who's going with who?" Jason asked, and I locked eyes with Leo. Jason and Nico couldn't be trusted together. "How about I go with Nico and you go with Leo?" I suggested, looking over to Nico. His eyes softened when they met mine, and I flashed a supportive smile. When I looked back to Jason, I thought I saw a flash of disappointment before they went back to being serious. It was so small I was sure I'd imagined it. 

"Yeah, okay." He said, and Leo's eyes shone with relief. I didn't think he and Nico would be a great combo; especially now that Nico's mad. "So, where are we going?" I asked, looking at the others. "You know, in case something happens." I hastily added. "We're going to the Père Lachaise Cemetery." Nico said. I looked at him strangely, then rolled my eyes. Of course the son of Hades would find a graveyard romantic. Why not? 

"Yeah, okay. You two have fun! Remember to keep it PG." Leo said, winking. I felt my cheeks get a slight dusting of red, and saw Nico had the same reaction. Jason just scowled in Leo's direction. "I guess I'll be going with Leo. We'll go to the Eiffel Tower." He said, and I couldn't help remembering my date with Annabeth so long ago. Been there, done that. 

"Okay, recap: Nico and Perci are going to the Per La Chase Cemetery," (Nico face-palmed at Leo's pronunciation) "and Jason and I will go to the Eiffel Tower. We'll meet back here at 12, in... three and half hours." We nodded at what Leo said, and parted ways. I could have sworn I saw Nico flash Jason a triumphant look. What was all that about?

A/N: Hey guys. Thanks for all the people voting and commenting! You guys are great! Sorry about how long it took to update this chapter. I know it isn't much, but... I figured you deserved something. Thanks again for all the reads, votes and comments. :)