Chapter 10

Nico's POV:

I ran away from the Poseidon Cabin, head in my hands. I was furiously blushing, while my mind reeled with what had just happened. I did it. I really did it. Those words always returned to my mind, along with the feel of her lips against mine, how soft they were... no. That was a one time thing. And it wasn't even legitimate. I said to myself, sighing. I eventually reached my destination, and the door slammed open. I stood in the doorframe, panting, while the occupants of the cabin stared at me. "So you did it, Nico?" Leo asked. I nodded breathlessly. "Great! You're dare is officially completed." He said in an official voice. I rolled my eyes, trying not to show how much the dare rattled me.

Okay, back up. After dinner, Jason had invited me to the Zeus cabin for a game of Truth or Dare. At first, I declined. But then I figured I had nothing better to do. And anyway, they'd mostly pick on each other, and I would get to watch the guys do ridiculous stuff, while nobody picked me for anything. So I showed up. In the beginning, it wasn't that great. It was mostly Leo and Jason daring each other to do ridiculous stunts. I couldn't help thinking how much better this game was when Percy was there, partly because it was less predictable and there were more people. Then I chided myself. Stop it! Percy isn't even here, so there's no use wishing for him. I told myself, refusing to mention what else would make me think that. 

Anyway, the game mainly consisted of two boys being idiots until Leo decided to shake things up. "Nico." He said, pulling me out of my reverie. "Truth or Dare?" I had considered the question. I obviously couldn't have chosen truth, because.... I hate stuff like that. So I went for he only thing I could. "Dare." I said, firmly. Leo grinned, evilly. "I saw you and the new girl having some bonding time at the beach." He explained, and I tensed. "So... I dare you to kiss her." He said. The world froze, abruptly. "You dare me to.... what?!" I choked out. Leo grinned, but the ADHD in my mind registered that Jason didn't look nearly so amused. "I dare you to kiss her. It's not so hard." He said, grinning. I cursed him. He grinned even wider, unfazed. "C'mon, Death Boy. Go win your girl." He said, and I scowled. 

I had no idea where to find her, so I figured I'd better start simple: her cabin. As I walked, I could hear twigs cracking behind me. I rolled my eyes. "You know, you really aren't being that subtle." I called out behind me. "Just do it, Death Boy." Leo's voice called back. As I walked to the cabin, I knocked on the door. There was no reply from inside. Okay. She'll have to come back to her cabin eventually, so I'll be here when she does. I thought to myself, and made myself comfortable by leaning against one of the pillars and blending into the shadows. After a while, too long for my ADHD, I saw a figure come up the steps. Perci seemed lost in thought when I went up to her, and... you know the rest. So fast forward to where we are now.

Jason didn't look nearly as happy as Leo about the fact I kissed Perci. It was hard to read his expression in the dim light, but if I could, I would guess he was feeling... jealous? No, that couldn't be right. He must've seen me looking, because his face cleared up and he shot me a thumbs up. "Great job, Nico." He said. Though it sounded kind of forced. I just nodded gloomily. "Nico, it's your turn." Leo said, but Jason held up a hand. "I think that's enough for one night. You guys should go back to your cabins, and try not to get caught." He said to us. I nodded, and Leo rolled his eyes. "Jason, man, you seriously follow the rules too much. And besides, we already know that." He said before walking out the door. 

I turned to Jason, but he had his face turned away from me. "Jason?" I asked tentatively. He turned. "Is something wrong?" I asked, then immediately shook my head. "Never mind. It's none of my business." I said before turning and walking out into the cool night. What was I thinking? I never like to share my feelings with other people, so why should I expect other people to share their feelings for me? My mind soon strayed from Jason to the kiss. Why didn't Perci do anything? Why didn't she push me away? Her lips... they were amazing. It was the first real kiss I'd ever had, and... it was nice.