Best Night Ever!

Chapter 8:

Amber's POV:

At around six I hear the doorbell ring. I go downstairs carefully, making sure not to trip, I was wearing heels. I open the door and Rachel and Hannah come in.

"You look so gorgeous", Hannah says.

"Why thank you". I was wearing a short black dress, black heels, a purple bow in my hair and Devon's bracelet he got me for my birthday. So I was wearing black and purple like the colours on the bracelet and my hair and eyes were the amber colour on the bracelet.

"You ready to go?" Rachel asks. I nod and grab my small purple bag on the coffee table.

"Bye Mom and Dad", I shout. I don't wait for a reply I just close the door behind me. Devon said he had to go somewhere so he wasn't at home. I get into Hannah's car and Rachel passes me a blindfold.

"Put that on", Rachel says.

"What?"

"It's a surprise we don't want you to see it", Hannah says. Fine! I put the blindfold over my head and cover my eyes. "No peeking". I laugh.

"I'm not". Hannah starts the car and drives. Then she parks the car a few minutes later, I don't remember any restaurant being this near to my house. They help me out of the car and guide me to the door. I don't like people guiding me because I never trust them.

"Okay we'll tell you when you can take it off", Rachel says. I nod. I hear a door open and we walk inside. "Now". I take it off and open my eyes.

"SURPRISE HAPPY BIRTHDAY", everyone shouts. I freeze, my mouth was wide open. I look over at Rachel and Hannah then back at the crowd of people. Like everyone at school was here. There were so many people, some of them I didn't even recognise. I was still shocked. Hannah closes my mouth and I laugh.

"Did you guys do this?" I ask them.

"Well us, Devon and Damian", Hannah says. Devon was in on this. Hannah points to Devon and he waves at me. I laugh again. Wait Damian did this too? Wait a minute this is Damian's house, no wonder it was so big and could fit all these people.

"Thank you, thank you", I say, as I hug them tight. They laugh and hug back.

"Come on let's get this party started", someone shouts then music goes on. Rachel closes the door and I walk over to Devon.

"Happy birthday sis", he says.

"I thought I said no party?"

"I know but this is my other present, remember I told you in the morning I was giving you another one tonight, well here it is".

"Aw thanks". I kiss his cheek. "You're the best brother ever".

"I only wanted to make your night even more special".

"It's really sweet, thanks Devon. I love you".

"I love you too, Amber. Are you okay?"

"Yes, thing's couldn't be any more perfect!" I say. A girl names Andrea calls Devon. "You better go, have fun". He laughs.

"You have fun too but not with any guys". I laugh and walk off. So he's allowed to have fun with girls and I'm not allowed to have fun with guys, that doesn't sound fair. I go over to get a drink and Damian walks over to me.

"Happy birthday Amber", he says.

"Thanks for everything".

"Anything for you". I blush and turn my face away so he can't see it. "I actually want to give you your present before you start on that load". I turn my face back to him and he points to a table filled with presents on top.