Birth.

Chapter 26:

Amber's POV:

*1 Week Later.*

Being thirty five weeks pregnant sucks. I have cravings, backaches, sore feet, a huge belly, I'm tired, I need to pee frequently, I'm hungry all the time, I waddle instead of walk and so much more. I can't wait for the babies to finally get the hell out of there. I yawn and open my eyes. I take Damian's hand off me slowly so I don't wake him up and hold onto the counter beside my bed to help me up. After standing up, I reach over the bed and kiss Damian's forehead. I go to my wardrobe and take out one of his jersey shirts. I pull it over my head and belly. I like wearing his shirts because I can smell him off it and Damian told me before he loves when I wear them because he finds it sexy. It only goes past my ass just barely because of my baby bump sticking out so I put some shorts on underneath. I leave my bedroom and hold onto the barrister as I walk down the stairs. I go to the sitting room because I see a light on. My Mum looks up at me and smiles; she's doing some calculations for her work.

"Sorry, Mum, I won't disturb you," I say, about to head back out the door.

"Don't be silly, come here, sweetie," she proffers, moving over on the couch for me.

"Thanks." I sit beside her and she wraps an arm around my side. I have to do this weird crouch thing now to sit down and it's really annoying.

"Lie back, honey, I want a cuddle." I rest my head on her lap and she strokes my belly. "You've gotten so big. Time has flown by."

"I know," I sigh. She plays with my hair and kisses my forehead.

"My little girl's all grown up. Where did the time go?" she muses.

"I don't know, Mum, I say it'll continue to go by quickly," I assume.

"I hope not, I want to cherish every moment with you, Damian and the twins."

"Mum, I'm scared," I disclose, holding onto her tightly.

"Of what, baby?" she inquiries, hugging me back

"Well, firstly of giving birth because that seems so painful and then, I'm also afraid of being a bad mother."

"Are you kidding me? You're going to be a wonderful mother, honey. You already are and we all believe you'll be the best mother ever. As for giving birth, it's not that bad, people make it out to be worse than it is."

"But my labour could be really long and sore."

"My first one was the worst; my other one wasn't so bad."

"Mum! That's not helping, I'm having my first!"

"Yes, but, honey, you'll be fine. Everyone woman's different. We'll all be beside you and supporting you, you're strong and I believe you'll get through it fine," she reassures, poking my nose.

"I'm not looking forward to it," I utter.

"Just keep thinking about the twins and that'll get you through it. Damian had a chat with me too about being scared about the exact same things."

"I can understand why he'd be afraid of being a dad but why would he be nervous about the labour?"

"Because he doesn't want to see you in pain," she explains, "He loves you as much as it's possible, Amber, and he is dreading seeing you go through something that hurts you. He wants to take all the pain away from you and make him endure it instead."

"He's such a worry-guts."

"As are you, you're perfect for each other." I smirk at her and sit up.