Appointment.

Chapter 18:

Damian's POV:

The bell rings signalling the end of school. The doctor's appointment was now, I was really excited. I throw my books in my locker and go to Amber's Geography class which she just had as her last class. She was talking to Jason when I entered.

"Hey, babe, you ready to go?" I ask the give her a peck on the lips.

"Yup, let's go," she says, picking up her bag and swinging it over her shoulder.

"Jason, you're in charge until Devon, Amber and I come back, got it?" I command.

"Yes but where're you going?" he asks.

"Just somewhere, we'll be back later. Bye!" I say, taking Amber's hand and walking down the hall with her. "Let me take that." I take her bag and hold it for her, she doesn't need more weight to carry, I don't want her to hurt herself. We get in my car and Devon comes in after us.

"Hey you guys, are we going?" Devon asks. I look at Amber through the mirror, she nods at me.

"Yeah, let's go!" I say excitedly. I start the car and drive to the hospital. When we were parked, we all got out. Amber looks nervously over at the hospital. I take her hand and tighten my grip on it and lead her to the front door with Devon holding her other hand. I couldn't help notice her being very quiet, I hope she's okay. I don't want to keep bugging her by asking her the whole time but it's hard not to be concerned when you love someone this much.

We wait in the waiting room, there were others around us; mostly couples in their late twenties or early thirties. There was one other teenage couple who would glance at us from time to time. Most of the girls were staring at me sexually which would make their boyfriends or husbands glare over at me. I can't help being attractive, all werewolves are. I did notice the guys looking at Amber too, which made me get really jealous.

I didn't give the girls any satisfaction by looking back at them because Amber's my only girl. Amber would casually look at the girls and give them looks. I think someone's jealous too. Those girls were annoying her and those guys were annoying me. No one looks at my mate like that, especially when she's carrying my kids. They know she's pregnant, why else would we be in this waiting room if we weren't expecting so they better stop before I lose it.

"Do those girls ever stop staring?" Amber whispers with anger.

"Don't you mean do those guys ever stop staring, they're looking at you like food," I whisper back.

"Ooh Damian, you're jealous," Devon laughs. I make a soft threatening growl, making sure not to attract the other people's attention.

"I'm not, I just think it's rude to be looking at Amber like that," I whisper. Okay that was partially true. Amber taps her fingers off her knee and would look at the clock every two seconds. She was fidgeting and very distracted. "Amber, baby, are you feeling okay?"

"Never better," she says softly, trembling towards the end. I could hear the lie in her voice.

"Please talk to me, I need to know how you're really feeling. We're a team, we should tell each other everything," I say.

"But I don't want to make you more concerned," she says.

"You're making me more concerned by not telling me." She looks down at her lap and avoids my gaze.

"Amber Wright?" the nurse calls. She got saved by the nurse from my questions, dammit. She stands up quickly and walks over to the nurse. Devon and I get up after her and follow them into a room.

"Something's up," he says, referring to Amber. I nod my head in agreement.

"I know, I wish she'd tell me."