Chapter III: Derek

Letting a deep sigh escape my lips I look back over to the step my mate had been sitting on, but was now gone. I growled and turned back towards the group of training teens. This was so frustrating, every time I laid eyes on him or smelt him near I could never go to him like I always wanted to. I couldn't, not with..

•I probably can't see him, but I can surely smell him.• Gillian growled. I groan.

*Not now you pesky wolf, I don't have time for your badgering.* He scoffed.

•I wouldn't be badgering you if you just go and accept my.. Our mate!• It was my turn to scoff.

*Have you met you? No way, he would be in danger just walking around here.* Gillian growled loudly. Causing a loud ringing noise to go off in my ear. I hissed in pain and rubbed at my ears.

•Are you insisting that I'd hurt my mate willingly!• His voice venomous. I growled dangerously.

"Yes! You are very dangerous to our mate, to our pack, and to me, so I'm saying we will not do it your way to keep that person safe am I understood!" I yelled out loud and cut the connection before he could respond. Gillian was the only thing in this world that could set off my temper in just a split second, some people could get away from their problems.. But, I was literally attached to mine. I sighed heavily.

"Umm, Head Leader," I heard one of the teens call, I looked up and saw all of the trainees watching me, a boy standing only a few steps away from me with his hand stretched out slight in front of him towards me, "Are you okay?" I raised an eyebrow at his question, tell I realized I had just spoken out loud when I head been arguing with Gillian..

The boy's eyes drifted to something behind me. I frowned as I followed his gaze and turned my head towards what had caught his attention. Everyone in the back yard had stopped what they were doing and we're now watching me carefully, like at anytime I'd go on a rampage. Women were holding their children against them, while the children hid into their arms. Husband and boyfriends in defense mode blocking their mate's and children, ready to counter my attack if I decided to make one. Shaking my head, I repeated over and over again in my mind that this wasn't their fault, I gave them a reason to behave like this. "Umm, Head Leader.." I turned back towards the boy with a glare and he took a big step back.

"Training is over, let's continue tomorrow." I grounded out to the teen boys, then took off running towards the forest making all the trainees scramble back out of my way. I had to get out of here, all the hatred glares, the whispers. I knew what they were saying, I knew what they were thinking. Everyone, even my own family wanted me to be sent to the union. But, I wouldn't have the freedom I had now if I were to go there. I wouldn't have control of my life anymore, well the little control I do have now. People didn't know what actually happen to the wolves that had the exact curse and was sent to the union to get help, yet my pack and family wanted to send me off there, only for me to end up unheard of just like the rest of the people who had been sent there.

I had ran all the way to our boarder and was now standing at the edge of the forest line that lead into a beautiful field of  light brown grass that were swaying gently in breeze blowing over the field. Taking in deep breaths, I looked over the entrancing site.

No, I wasn't going to do it.

I wasn't going to give them what they wanted!

I'd never get to see the light of day again.

I'd never get to see, Jay again..

I groaned, what the hell was I going to do.

•They don't want us here Derek.• Gillian's voice slipped back into my mind.

"Shut up." I breathed, taking in heavy breaths to get my breathing under control, but it wasn't working! Gillian knew I was getting angry and he was now fighting his way to the surface. That's how he works, he always used my moment of weakness to gain control.

•Don't you hear what they are saying about you? Don't you see how they look at you?• He taunted. I shook my head fiercely and dropped to my knees. Hunching over I placed my hands over my face, as the pain from the forced transformation started. •No one, cares about us! You've said it yourself! They don't want us here!• He growled.

*No, no, no, no, no! STOP!* I yelled at him. *Stop it Gillian!*

•They will kill us, just for being who we are Derek!• I felt my canines started to grow out and I whimpered at the pain. •They hate us, they want us dead! Or worse sent to the union, you know what they do there don't try to hide the truth in the back of your mind!• I shook my head.

"No." I cried softly, as the images of the bad dreams I had been having about being locked up in the union flashed threw my mind. Werewolf scientists poking and probing me trying to figure out why I had been curse with the untamed wolf. "Stop." I cried real tears finally rolling down my face. "Gillian please stop!" I growled, my voice coming out in an animalistic snarl.

•Who's going to love a monster like us? Huh! You guessed it, no one.• I whimper at his words. •No one wants us Derek! But, if we leave now, we'll never have to worry about that. All you have to do is just let go, let go and give me control! I will protect us, I'll make sure no one ever hurts us. Let go Derek, just let go!• I nodded, everything Gillian was saying was right, he was strong, he could protect us. I could trust him! Though he's done some dangerous stuff when he took control, he's never deceived me. He's never let me down. I felt my self slipping away to the back of my mind and Gillian started to push forward, I could trust him.

•That's it Derek!• He praised. •That's it!•

"That's enough." A disembodied voice called. Though the voice sounds very familiar. "I won't let you, not this time!" I heard Gillian chuckle.

"So your the boy with the intoxicating smell." Gillian purred using my voice that was slightly mixed with his. Wait, was he talking to.. Jay? "My mate."

"I don't belong to just you, but him also." Jay countered. I could feel his presence now and it was growing closer. Why couldn't I feel when he was following me? Maybe it was because I was too distracted.. Or maybe he hid himself?

"Without me there wouldn't be a you and him!" Gillian growled in protest. I felt a soft warm hand being placed on my cheek, but I couldn't see. Gillian had block my eye sight as soon as he started taking over.

"And without a him, there wouldn't be a you." Jay whispered as tingles started shooting through my body from where he had placed his hand on my cheek, it wasn't from the mate bond, it was from something else, like energy was being forced into me, giving me strength to push my wolf back. Gillian howled in pain. "Come back Derek, you may think no one will miss you or want you here, but I do!" He insisted. "I'll miss you! I'll always want you here! So please, please comeback!" He yelled, at those words I started pushing back to the surface.

•No!• Gillian growled out in protest. •Noo..• His voice was cut off mid scream just as a bright light appeared and Jay's face came into view. He was smiling down at me and I couldn't help but return a weak one. My eyelids were feeling heavy, and I felt myself falling unconscious, the pain from the headache that was starting to form and the energy from the forced transformation that was used had took a lot out of me.

"It's okay, he won't be bothering you anytime soon, so please.. Please get some rest." Jay told me as his hand swept gently over my face. I managed a weak nod. "Don't worry anymore Derek, I'm here, I'll protect you." My eyes started to close fully and his voiced started to fade out as I fell out of conscious but not before I heard him say. "I promise."