Chapter IV: Jay

When Derek had gave me his back I wanted to cry, I could have sat there all day, pondering in what the reasons of why he didn't want me.. But, with much strength I forced myself up off the step and made my way towards my table that calmed all the wondering questions and the uneasy feelings I get when I bumped into my mate.

The backyard was filled with people of all ages, some human others wolves, enjoying themselves. I couldn't blame them, today was one of the most beautiful days we've had here so far. Usually since we lived deep in a forest area, most of the time we woke up to heavy rain or light showers. But today, everyone just genially looked happy to get in a little sun, that was shining down brightly.

I smiled and waved at the gossiping group of mothers that were sitting on a large picnic blanket as they watch their husbands and kids run around playing a game of soccer.

I laughed as a group of young boys screaming and yelled at each other as they ran pass me chasing each other down with water balloons, and I nodded my head to a big group of teens that were taking up a big portion of the picnic table area. Luckily, they weren't near the area I was about to settle down in, it wasn't because I didn't want to make friends with kids my age or even speak to them to have simple conversation, it was because most of the kids here spoke about things I didn't understand, and things I didn't like.

To make a long story short none of them had nothing in common with me or the ones that did, they had a flaw that wasn't suitable on anyone. Gossiping..

In the time I reached my relax area and started to sit down and enjoy my book, I was stopped in my tracks, hearing Derek's loud commanding tone: "Yes! You are very dangerous to our mate, to our pack, and to me, so I'm saying we will not do it your way to keep that person safe am I understood!" My eye snapped towards him and immediately, I saw how bothered he seemed. Not only that but because of his out burst tension clouded the whole backyard.

The group of mother's who were sitting on the picnic blanket from earlier were now hugging their children to them and the father's were now ready to protect their little families. The teens from earlier had stopped talking and were now huddled together waiting in anticipation for Derek to make a move, some seemed almost itching for him to do something dangerous so they could challenge him. The look in their eyes and on their faces said it all.

One of the trainees had walked up to Derek and was saying something to him, which made Derek look up to him and a few seconds later he slowly turned his head and scanned over the whole yard. I felt my heart sink for the look on his face and in his eyes. I hated that look, the look that said "this is what I asked for.. This is what I did.. I deserve this" but, in all reality, the way all these people were acting wasn't his fault, it was his wolf. Though in some cases people might say Derek's wolf was him and he was his wolf, this wasn't the case.

Derek's wolf was way different from the others, instead of wanting to share this life with his host like the rest of these people's wolves, Derek's wolf wanted to be the only one who possessed that body, he didn't want to have another half, he didn't want Derek, and looking at the look on my mate's face.. He didn't want him there just as much also.

My mate looked down to the ground then turned his figure towards the forest, a few moments after that he took off into the towering trees making the group of training boy scatter back. On instinct, I followed! Everyone I passed earlier gave me strange looks as I chased after my mate into the trees, but I couldn't care about them right now. I had to get to him;