Chapter VI: Jay

When Derek left from the living room my eyes followed him to their own accord. There he goes doing that again, giving me his back.

Price was standing in front of me and must have saw the look on my face when Derek turned away from me, because now instead of giving me one of his bone crushing hugs like he usually did, he was now looking down at me with sympathy.

"Asshole!" Vince yelled. I looked pass Price's shoulder to him, he was glaring the way Derrick had just went off in. I frowned as a deep burning feeling started up in the pit of my stomach.

"That's enough Vince." Joseph scolded his mate as he walked towards him and flicked his nose. Vince glared up at his mate as he placed his hand over his nose.

"It's true, he is though.."

"Why?" I found myself asking. Everyone in the room had stop what they were doing and was now looking towards me. But, I wasn't looking at them, my eyes were locked with Vince's who face turned up in confusion.

"Why what?" He asked.

"Why is he an asshole?" When I asked the question Caleb had sputter out all his drink that he had been taking a sip of, all over Matthew.

"Caleb, what the.."

"Because that's what he is, it's the way he acts.. Why can't I be honest? Just look at the way he treats you." Vince explained. The burning sensation started to become stronger.

"You know nothing about him." I argued back. He scoffed and rolled his eyes before they settled back on me now in pure irritation.

"I know enough to know that he's dangerous, the boy's a ticking time bomb ready to explode at any moment."

"No!" I yelled catching everyone off guard. Even myself, but yelling made that feeling subside slightly. So, I kept on saying what I felt should be said. "If you look at him that way, then that's how he'll turn out, dangerous. Derek, he.. He's a really good person! He's kind and cares a lot about all of you. But, all you see him as is dangerous or a monster. That's not him, It's his wolf!" I tried to explain, the explanation leaving my mouth a desperate cry for someone to please understand Derek as much as I did. The feeling grew so intense again, that I wanted to yell out in frustration.

"Jay, it's okay. Calm.." Price started to say as he tried to approach me again. But Vince had scoffed. Making everyone's eyes turn to him.

"Jay, what's the difference. Aren't they just two in one. Two of the same person. If his wolf is dangerous.. Then he is as well!"

His voice, why is it filled with so much hate and anger? Why is..

My eyes snapped up to his and I looked deep into those light brown orbs. There was another feeling there. Fear.. Tilting my head and sighing, I locked eyes with him once more, before saying anything I let all my emotions slip from my face to show him how serious my response was going to be. Now that I figured out why he was feeling this way, now that I understood, the burning feeling subsided slowly, disappearing tell I didn't feel it's presence anymore.

"Derek will never turn into what Hank was." Vince's eyebrows shot up in surprise. Him probably wondering how I had figured that out. Everyone looked from me to Vince until most of their eyes settled on Vince now watering one's.

"Vince, baby. What is Jay talking about?" Joseph asked him. Vince's eyes locked with his mate's and his tears started to flow freely. On that note I turned towards the exit and left the room, following Derek energy to find which way he went off to.