Chapter VII: Derek

The lies.

The betrayal.

The pain.

That's all I could feel as I sat at our family dinner table listening to my parents, brother, his mate, Price, and Jack laughing and joking about life.

That and Gillian's constant growls of anger.

•We can't even trust our own family!• He seethed in anger. I didn't answer him. •Look at them enjoying their dinner like our life isn't already hell well over.• His anger was now pulsing inside me in waves and it was starting to rile me up.

*Gillian,* I warned. *You're getting to worked up.*

•As I should!• He roared. •Our 'family' they practically gave us up to those Union bastards! No one, Derek, no one knows what happens to the other werewolves who harbored wolves like me.• I sighed inwardly. His anger was starting to become to overwhelming.

*Then why don't you stop acting out?* I deadpanned. He scoffed.

•It's not acting out, or throwing a tantrum, or being untamed as you say sometimes. It's a lot more to that.• He barked.

*Then explain it to me Gillian, explain why you do the things you do!* I yelled.

•You'd never understand.• With that he cut off communication.

"Shit!" I seethed. I had been looking down at my plate the whole conversation with my hot temper wolf, that I didn't realize everyone had stop talking and was now staring at me. I raised my head and fixed a glare on my parents. My mom seemed surprised, but my dad didn't even flinch. Of course not, he probably was the one who made the final decision to send me to the Union for the both of them. "I'm done with eating. I'll take my.." I started to say as I stood.

"But, you haven't even touched anything on your plate." My mom interrupted me.

Oh, now she cares. I rolled my eyes and pushed the chair in.

"Derek at least eat something man, I know you didn't have anything all day." My brother added on as I turned to leave.

"I'm not hungry."

"The alpha must have already told you I see." I stopped dead in my tracks at those words. I wasn't going to bring it up, but my dad had to much pride. He had to say something. I turned back towards the table and saw everyone looking between me and my father with confuse expressions plastered on their faces except for my mom, who was now looking down at her hands in her lap.

"Told me what?" I asked shaking my head, pretending I had no idea what he was talking about. I wanted him to say it, I wanted him to tell everyone at that table what he had done. He put his fork down, wiped his mouth with his napkin and looked me right in the eyes.

"I'm sure the alpha already told you the Union will be sending members to evaluate you, seeing how they will be arriving tomorrow." He said simply. Vince gasped.

"What?!" Joseph nearly yelled in surprise. "Dad you can't be serious! When was this decided, and without me? I thought you said we'd decide that as a family, together!" He question my father as he quickly stood to his feet. Price and Jack just sat there looking lost. They knew we were all werewolves, but they didn't know about me not being able to control Gillian.