I'm Fine.

Chapter four:

Hey everyone, let me just stress that Mark is NOT dating Sutton, he was Melody’s boyfriend and acts like a protective older brother to Sutton. Some people were wondering, so I thought I’d make it clear, even though I already explained everything in the first chapter. I’ve had a really busy week, I’m working on crew for the musical and it’s like four hours or longer every night.

Please vote and tell me what you think! I don’t want to rush this story; I’ll be taking my time. I feel like some of my other stories have been a little rushed, and I want this one to be more…or should I say less rushed. Sutton and Colton aren’t going to fall in love in the next chapter, so don’t expect that.

 Pic of Vee to the side>>

Unhappily, I stepped inside the guidance office and looked around the room for the first time. It wasn’t as gloomy and gray as I expected. A few picture stands were scattered around the room, showcasing Mrs. Harvey’s husband and kids. The walls were painted a light blue color, and the nasty green carpet made me feel like I was standing outside.

“You can have a seat,” the women told me, walking around her small brown desk before sitting down.

Biting my lip, I lowered myself into one of the scratchy looking brown chairs and clasped my hands together. Mrs. Harvey looked down at the file on her desk. “So Ms. Sutton, you’ve been through quite a stressful week, haven’t you?” she asked, even though she already knew the answer.

All I did was nod my head.

“Would you like to talk about it?”

This time I shook my head.

She sighed. “Look Sutton, holding everything in will on-“

“Only make it worse, I know. But that’s what I do, I hold things in. You seem like a really nice lady and all, but there’s a reason I’ve never been in your office before. I’m a perfectly capable young girl, and I can handle things on my own. If there’s nothing else, I would really like to get to class.”

Mrs. Harvey pressed her lips together in frustration. “I really think it would help.”

I could feel my face burning red with anger. Knowing it wouldn’t be right to slash out on someone only trying to help, I took in a few deep breaths. “Look my best friend and sister died a few days ago. I’m never going to see her again, and nothing will make it better. Nothing you or anyone else do will ever make this situation easier for me. I just need to move on.”

Without another word, I stood from the chair and turned my back on Mrs. Harvey. She didn’t seem to object as I opened up her office door and slid outside into the hallway. I felt a weight being lifted from my chest as silence enveloped me. Even the sound of my own voice had been bothering me.

I made my way down the hallway in the direction of my first hour class. The last thing I wanted to do was walk in late, but there was no other option, unless I skipped. But who was I kidding, I had never once in my life skipped a class, or ever been late.

Taking my time, I thought about how rude I must have come off to Mrs. Harvey. It’s not that I wanted to seem mean, but I really didn’t want to talk about Melody. Just her name made my panic attacks more likely to happen. Every time anyone got on the subject of her, by breathing went all over the place. I think Vee was the only person I was comfortable talking about Melody with.

After a few minutes of walking past my bio class, I decided that I didn’t really want to walk in at all. I pulled out my phone and texted Vee.

-Meet me outside my bio room