After Visiting Hours

This is unedited, beware! Please vote and what not, and enjoy! 

“Just tell her I stopped by.”

The sounds of footsteps echoing off the walls filled my ears. I tried to open my eyes, but my head pounded with so much force I squeezed them shut.

“Just throw out the flowers.”

A masculine voice filled the room, and I recognized it to be Mark.

“No, he brought her flowers she should know.”

Vee’s voice was just as recognizable.

“He’s the reason for her attack, I know he is. He just needs to leave her alone.”

Trying to concentrate on anything but the voices, I peeled open my eyes slowly. This time, the pounding in my head was only a small ache, and I managed to make out the hospital room. Like always, I was hooked up to an IV next to a little beeping machine.

Vee stood next to my bed, looking at Mark who was pacing by back and forth by the door. A small snoring sound made me look over to where Blaine was snoozing in an uncomfortable looking arm chair. God that kid could sleep anywhere.

“I mean, I can believe he-“

“Mark!”

Vee must have noticed my eyes were open because she cut Mark off before he could say anything stupid. I pulled myself up into a sitting position as Mark walked over to the side of the bed.

“How are you feeling?” he asked.

I put a hand to my stomach just as it growled. “Hungry.”

Vee smiled. “Your mom and dad are picking up your favorite backed potato soup from across the street. They should be back soon.”

Nodding my head, I looked around the room noticing a small vase with beautiful yellow and white roses. “Who brought the flowers?” I suddenly questioned, thinking back to Vee and Marks bickering.

Oh please don’t be…

“Colton,” Vee said suddenly earning an evil glare from Mark.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and rested my head against the pillow. I wanted Colton to leave me alone just as much as Mark did. Well, maybe, I wasn’t sure but I didn’t need to think about boys at a time like this.

“Well seeing as that I’m awake, we should probably get going,” I stated sitting up and swinging my feet over the bed.

Vee’s eyes went wide and Mark grabbed my arm. “No, you have to stay overnight Sutton, the doctor said so.”

Tugging my arm back, I tried to hide my irritation. “What do you mean, I’ve never had to stay the night before. It was just a little-“

“You passed out, and the paramedics said that they were lucky they got to you in time. You weren’t breathing Sutton, you could have died.”

I hadn’t even known Blaine was awake, but his words sent chills down my back. My eyes slipped over to where he was standing by the arm chair. His face shown a grim expression, but then he suddenly smiled.

“But you didn’t, you’re a trooper!”

Rushing over to me, he plopped down on the bed and slung his arm over my shoulder. “So what movies are we going to watch because I’m staying all night!”

“Oh no you’re not.”

Everyone’s gaze darted up to the door where my mother and father stood. My father was a very large man, past six foot with dark brown hair and a very large nose. My mother was practically the opposite, short with light blonde hair and a cute little button nose. My sister and I had inherited our height and nose from her, but Melody had snatched up the eye and hair color too.