School Project?

Hey everyone, sorry it was a busy week, and a long weekend! Anyway, schooling coming to an end, thankfully, but when exam week comes around I might not be able to upload for a while, so I’ll warn you when that is coming. Anyway, here’s the new chapter, enjoy! Sorry for that wait!

Thankfully the next morning my mother picked me up bright and early for school. The doctor had okayed me to go, and I was happy that I was getting back into the normal schedule of things.

“This is my jam turn it up!” Blain hollered as he leaned over to make sure Mark didn’t change the station.

The lyrics to Sail came blasting through the stereo and Blaine hollered out the words very out of tune. “You should just stick to listening, or maybe humming,” Mark suggested cringing at the awful noise Blaine was making.

I silently agreed with him as we pulled into the school parking lot. “Hey Sutton me and my friends are having a little thing this weekend, you should come and hang out. It would be fun.”

This was really the first time Mark had invited me anywhere, unless it included tagging along with him and Melody, but the thought of being surrounded by people who just pitied me sounded so fun…

And then there was Colton.

“Ah I think I’m just staying home this weekend,” I stated casually, knowing that it would probably end up a lie.

I could just refuse to go with Colton, but then again I had promised him, and I wasn’t the kind of person to break promises. Then again, it was Colton Jones and he made me crazy.

“Aw come on it will be fun!”

“Yeah come on!” Blaine chimed in.

I groaned. “No”

“It will take your mind off things,” Mark added as he pulled into a prime parking spot and turned off the car.

I shook my head. “You know what guys, I really don’t think that’s my scene. And you don’t have to act like you want to hang out with me, it’s not like you cared before-“

I almost added before Melody died, but that would have been a little un-called for and unnecessary. It was the slightest bit true, but it wasn’t something you should just say out of the blue.

Without waiting for either of them to answer, I stepped out of the car and made my way up to school. Luckily for them, and unluckily for me they had long legs and caught up right as I was walking through the doors.

“Wait Sutton don’t say that, it’s really not like that,” Mark said immediately.

Blaine nodded. “We just want to make sure you’re okay, and I guess you’re not that bad.”

The smile on his face was true, but I still wasn’t in the mood. “Yeah well I’m fine. How many times do I have to say it? I’m capable of taking care of myself, just like I always have. Now will you two please stop acting like just because Melody is dead I need to be supervised twenty four seven.”

“Whoa I sense some intense stuff from the looks on all your faces.”

At the sound of Vee’s voice, I felt a little better inside. She must not have heard what I had said, but it was probably for the best.

“Look Sutton we’ll leave you alone if you just come to this party. It will be good for you, really.”

The pleading look on Blaine’s face made me realize how harsh I had been acting, and how they really were just trying to help.