Lets Ditch

Just thought I’d let you all know…

I PASSSSSSEEDDDD MYYY DRIVVVVERRRRS TESSSTTTT!!!! WHOAAAAAAA!!!

Haha, sorry I’m a little happy if you couldn’t tell.

I watched in horror as three main things happened. One, Vee’s expression went from confused to even more confused. Next, Colton realized what he had just done and closed his mouth as if he didn’t know what to say. The last thing that happened; which under different circumstances I would have thought to be funny, was steam practically poured out of Marks ears as he looked back and forth between me and Colton.

“I can explain,” both me and Colton said.

Wait, what was he doing? Colton loved pissing off Mark, why was he trying to help me? Colton opened his mouth to ramble out some extreme lie when I stopped him.

“Look really Mark it’s none of your business, I really don’t have to explain to you anything.”

Everyone, including Mark looked at me in awe. Colton’s surprised expression turned into a cute, lopsided grin. I guess he was happy I chose him over pleasing Mark, I know I was.

“Why the hell would you lie to me Sutton?” Mark practically shouted.

Blaine spotted us from across the hall and made his way towards the very scary looking Mark cautiously. “Mark I lied to you because I knew you’d react like this.”

Turning away from him, I grabbed Vee’s arm and pulled her after me. I got about one step before someone’s hang gripped painfully around my wrist and pulled me back.

“Ow stop it Mark!” I hissed tugging my arm back.

“Were not done talking about this,” he raged, not letting go of my arm.

Colton stepped in between us and pushed Mark back. He stumbled a few steps before regaining his balance, but he looked more pissed than before.

“What the hell was that for punk?”

“You were hurting her, and she asked you to stop,” Colton stated calmly, a hint of a smirk on his face.

I could tell he was enjoying this moment a lot more than I was.

Mark glared daggers at him. “Next time you put your hands on me, I-“

“You’ll what, beat me up? I’d like to see you try.”

I had to hold in a small laugh because I knew Colton could take on three guys at once and still come out on top; Mark would have no chance against him. Shaking the thought from my head, I took Colton’s hand and pulled him in my direction.

“Seriously Sutton, you’re choosing him over me?” Mark said as if he were disgusted by the thought.

I shook my head. “Melody’s dead and I’m not her replacement, just leave me alone Mark.”

I knew what I said was harsh, but it was the only way to get Mark off my back. Vee and Colton followed me down the hallway, and as soon as we turned the corner I made my way to the nearest locker and slid down to the floor.

Sighing, I rested my head against my knees and sighed. “You okay?” Colton asked quietly.

I nodded my head.

“What the hell just happened?” Vee said, speaking for the first time since Colton had approached.

Laughing, even though the situation was not funny, I raised my head and looked my best friend in the eyes. “Do you really want to know?”