chapter nine || peach pie

chapter nine: PEACH PIE

Miruka was jittery.

And for good reason.

She got ready for school in a flash, an image of a boy with black and blonde hair entering her thoughts. Grinning, she put on her shoes and laughed loudly to herself as she weaved through her house which was connected to her brother's pet store.

Opening the back door of the store, the smell of animal food hitting her like a ton of bricks. Closely, she listened to her brother humming a love song as she let her hand touch the smooth glass front desk of the shop. Quietly, she eyed her brother and skipped around him.

He was taller than her and almost completely different in appearance. He had inherited their father's pitch black hair that stuck up a lot and intimidating gaze. Freckles dotted his cheeks, while Miruka was left with blank skin and light peachy hair. The only thing they had in common was the brown eyes of their mother, which were dark a bitter coffee brown.

"Ne ~ Miruka! Do you mind feeding the budgies and Piccolo before you leave?"

Damnit. Why must I be noticed?

Miruka nodded in agreement, hiding her reluctance, snatching the bird seed and scattering it across cages. She skidded towards the white cockatoo standing on a wooden perch and threw his special food into his bowl.

He squawked deafeningly, pecking at the seeds with enthusiasm.

"Piccolo, be quiet," Miruka scolded, covering her ears and chucking the packet of seeds into a nearby bin. "You never sing yet you're always so loud during feeding time!"

"Urusai, Miru," her brother snapped, whacking her upside her hear. "You're the one being noisy."

"Get off, Satsuki!" she replied back, now hitting him with her messenger bag. "You're being annoying - plus, let me get to school!"

"Ah, Miruka-chan, your lunch!"

The siblings turned their heads instantly towards the cheery voice, eyes practically glowing at the sight of its owner.

"Onee-sama!"

"Akira!"

The infamous pair glared at each other angrily and proceeded to complain about each other to the young woman.

"Akira, honey," he called out to his wife with mocking affection to which she giggled at. "Can you please tell my sister to go to hell?"

Miruka's jaw dropped and inwardly, a demonic grin began to form.

Oh this is going to be priceless!

She widened her somehow teary eyes puppy-dog style, sending her sister in-law a sad look. "O-Onee-sama," the girl blubbered. "O-Onii-chan is making me sad! He - He's so mean!"

Akira, the definitely gorgeous, woman crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at Satsuki, her mood changing drastically. "Satsuki . . ." she growled, tapping her palm on her thigh. "Apologise to Miru-chan!"

"Aki - "

"We're delaying her from going to school!" Akira cut off sternly. "This is your fault Satsuki, always picking fights with her even when she's done nothing wrong. Look at her, how could you be mad at a face like that!"