chapter ten || pocky sticks

chapter ten: POCKY STICKS

"Hinata-kun, can you let go of Shizuo-chan?" asked Sugawara, sweatdropping nervously. "It looks . . ."

"Uncomfortable." Daichi finished, the volleyball captain watching the sight unfold. The four of them were outside the gym doors, all eyes on one girl and one boy.

Hinata was clinging onto Natarii with force on her back, her face turning blue from his intense grip. She looked like she was suffocating, and the captain and setter were starting to get worried.

"Shouyou-kun," she breathed heavily, glaring at him from the side. "I need to get inside! Get off of me, I'm about to die from your grip!"

"But I'm so excited, Natarii-senpai!" he replied, ignoring her last sentence much to her dismay. "Takeda-sensei has a surprise for us, I just can't wait, you know? And I want you to come to our practice for once since you're always at the garden or at book club!" He kept bouncing up and down on her back, mentioning 'the view is great up here' and 'you should let me ride on your back more'.

"Well, this leaves me no choice," Daichi sighed, walking over to the pair. "Gomen, Hinata-kun."

"Wait what's going - ?"

He stepped towards Hinata and plucked him off of Natarii's back with ease and actually silencing him. The spiker stopped talking immediately and gazed at the ground in deep thought, stopping all forms of noise coming from him.

Oh my god.

They all stared at the older and younger student in shock, in awe of what was happening.

"Let's just, uh, go inside," Sugawara stuttered, opening up the gym doors as Daichi set the poor kid down. "We're probably late!"

They all burst inside the gym, Kageyama stomping over to the brown eyed boy and pulling on his hair, complaining about him being late while Ukai scolded Daichi and Sugawara.

"Oh, welcome Natarii-chan," Ukai mumbled, saluting towards her while she did so back. They nodded at each other in sync, confusing the rest of the team members. "Didn't expect you to be here. Thought you were at book club."

She flicked back her black hair and bore her wooden brown eyes at the man. "Hinata."

"Ah."

"Uh, Shizuo-senpai, how do you know Ukai?" questioned Yamaguchi softly and curiously, her sending him back a grin after a period of silence.

"Odd man is my godfather plus my grandma knows his mom," she snorted, placing her messenger bag on to a random plastic chair and sitting on another beside it. "We run the bath-house a few blocks away. He's like my crazy uncle, you know?"

"Be careful of what you say to these idiots, you stupid kid," he retorted while she stuck her tongue out at him. "I saw that!"

The girl smiled a Cheshire-cat grin and crossed her legs elegantly. "Saw what, Oji-san?"

• • •

The the mangager and the gardening club in the room conversed happily with each other, an important and boss-like aura surrounding them.

milk pudding « kozume kenmaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara